Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cleaning Fridge Stains

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Our 3 year old California is starting to develop some yellow staining on the inside of the fridge walls, has anyone else experienced this and do you have any suggestions on how to remove them or do we have to live with it? I have tried standard kitchen cleaner but no better.

Thanks

Andrew.

I would be interested to know as well mine is the same

Neat Milton should act as a bleach. Then wash down and leave open for 48hrs.

I've not needed to use it on the fridge myself but I would try Bar Keepers Friend. It would always clean up our old white composite kitchen sink nicely (great for cleaning wood burning stove glass too)

Simon

Has anyone found a solution that works for getting rid of the yellow staining in fridge? I've found a few suggestions but nobody has confirmed if any have worked for them. Thanks

Has anyone found a solution that works for getting rid of the yellow staining in fridge? I've found a few suggestions but nobody has confirmed if any have worked for them. Thanks
Old post I know but have the same problem and can confirm that bicarb, Milton solution and Astonish cup clean (kind of like a version of Barkeepers Friend in powder form) does NOT work on this kind of staining

IMG_9767 2.JPG

Thanks campandfly - I'm starting to think those stains are not "surface" stains that will react to pastes and gumption, but something actually reacting with the plastic. Looking at the shape it looks like the shadow of the basket bars which I think are powder coated steel. Was going to try Vanish oxi-action powder next and then next stop peroxide paste or liquid

Thanks campandfly - I'm starting to think those stains are not "surface" stains that will react to pastes and gumption, but something actually reacting with the plastic. Looking at the shape it looks like the shadow of the basket bars which I think are powder coated steel. Was going to try Vanish oxi-action powder next and then next stop peroxide paste or liquid
That's why I mentioned the HG Mould spray. That's pretty good and works a little differently than bleach.