Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cleaning the gas hob...

A

alanwicker555

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,

Hope you are all keeping safe and isolated (hopefully in your van from time to time).

Quick question - I went to clean my gas hob recently and foolishly thought it was possible to remove the metal 'pan frames' in order to clean more easily around them. When trying to remove one, I appear to have managed to break a couple of the black plastic retainers, the bottoms of which are now sitting in my cutlery drawer having worked their way out. Luckily the hob seems fine without them but I would like to fix if possible.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, does anyone know a fix?

Thanks in advance,
Martin

TripleBee

TripleBee

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I have 1 broken, but the 3 others hold the frame in place.

VW sells those retainers (probably at VW prices...).
Maybe the clubshop sells them?
Or maybe even some generic might work if you find the correct measurements.

Azteccamper

Azteccamper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
When you’ve cleaned the hob, if you you want that new look on the stainless steel then a few drops of Johnson’s Baby Oil on some kitchen roll will make it look like new.
When I say a few drops, I mean 3 for the sink and hob.
Thanks for that. I tried that at home and you’re right only need a tiny amount. Thats if I can get the pan holders off - think mine have been welded on.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Thanks for that. I tried that at home and you’re right only need a tiny amount. Thats if I can get the pan holders off - think mine have been welded on.
Try pushing from underneath?
I just go round each one pulling upwards a little - round and round. It gets easier the 2nd and 3rd time.

Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
R

Resfeber

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
First time removal when van 6 months old using techniques above = 50% failure on one burner.
But the remaining 2 hold the support just fine.