Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cleaning the gas hob...

A

alanwicker555

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,

Hope you are all keeping safe and isolated (hopefully in your van from time to time).

Quick question - I went to clean my gas hob recently and foolishly thought it was possible to remove the metal 'pan frames' in order to clean more easily around them. When trying to remove one, I appear to have managed to break a couple of the black plastic retainers, the bottoms of which are now sitting in my cutlery drawer having worked their way out. Luckily the hob seems fine without them but I would like to fix if possible.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, does anyone know a fix?

Thanks in advance,
Martin

I have 1 broken, but the 3 others hold the frame in place.

VW sells those retainers (probably at VW prices...).
Maybe the clubshop sells them?
Or maybe even some generic might work if you find the correct measurements.

When you’ve cleaned the hob, if you you want that new look on the stainless steel then a few drops of Johnson’s Baby Oil on some kitchen roll will make it look like new.
When I say a few drops, I mean 3 for the sink and hob.

When you’ve cleaned the hob, if you you want that new look on the stainless steel then a few drops of Johnson’s Baby Oil on some kitchen roll will make it look like new.
When I say a few drops, I mean 3 for the sink and hob.
Thanks for that. I tried that at home and you’re right only need a tiny amount. Thats if I can get the pan holders off - think mine have been welded on.

Thanks for that. I tried that at home and you’re right only need a tiny amount. Thats if I can get the pan holders off - think mine have been welded on.
Try pushing from underneath?
I just go round each one pulling upwards a little - round and round. It gets easier the 2nd and 3rd time.

First time removal when van 6 months old using techniques above = 50% failure on one burner.
But the remaining 2 hold the support just fine.

Well, I should have read about removing the pan supports before trying to remove them :headbang

Does anyone please know the part number, or a supplier, for genuine OEM VW rubber pan supports? I am a bit OCD so would prefer the OEM part. Thank you.