Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clear wrap to stop fine scratches?

F

flymartin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
I live on a narrow lane and in the summer the vegetation from the sides grows inwards and brushes every vehicle that passes. This can result in a large number of fine surface scratches in the paint along the side of any passing vehicle. With my current 13 year old car I feel this kind of adds to the countryside look, and most cars round these parts look the same.

However I’m soon to take delivery of a brand new Cali and I think any single scratch, no matter how fine, will be very hard to bear, and may leave psychological scars!

Would a bottom half clear wrap make a Cali somewhat resistant to brambles/bracken/nettles? If so, what kind of wrap would be best?

We had the front and wing mirrors wrapped 3 years ago and it cost about £200 from what I remember. It’s worked really well, the wing mirrors suffer because we live rurally and they get scrubbed by hedges but so far nothing has got through the film. It’s important to get the self healing wrap as Perfectos mentioned, ordinary film wrap can be worse than no wrap, as it traps water underneath if it gets punctured.

Ha I just had a quote back from Monster Wraps to wrap the whole lower half in clear wrap - £3,500+VAT!

Much as I would love to do the wrap thing, I think I'll just take a hedge trimmer and strimmer down the lane and cut a safe passage..

Thanks for your replies!

Ha I just had a quote back from Monster Wraps to wrap the whole lower half in clear wrap - £3,500+VAT!

Much as I would love to do the wrap thing, I think I'll just take a hedge trimmer and strimmer down the lane and cut a safe passage..

Thanks for your replies!
I did say it wouldn’t be cheap. :eek:

you could have the lower half re sprayed for that amount

thanks for posting the update

Thanks for your replies!
I just had the front end and wing mirrors wrapped with the healing stuff, and ceramic coated the rest at Azuri for about £2k.