Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clicking sliding door

RockinNRollin

RockinNRollin

Where to next?
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
So on our nearly new MY2023 6.1 Ocean, the soft-close feature on the sliding door seems to be behaving a bit oddly (we have previously hired a MY22 Ocean so do have a benchmark). When letting it soft close, sometimes it decides to take three attempts at closing (so it pulls closed, releases then repeats that again twice). It’s totally inconsistent - sometimes it’s fine literally seconds later when I try it again with the same force. The other thing it does is a fast clicking sound once it’s closed, almost like a lock/unlock sound a few times over. Again not all the time and I don’t think it’s anything to do with if the vehicle is locked or not.

Has anyone else had these symptoms? I did search but struggled to find anything quite like it.

Cheers

Had same. The closure one just seems to be the small motor that pulls the door fully closed having a bit of a fit with the connection so it will open and close on it’s small motor until it’s happy the connection made and then fully close. Cleaned the connections, been fine since.

We also had the same when opening the door with it “snagging” and not quite catching the end catch - just cleaned the rails a little and sprayed silicon on them, work fine now.

So the contacts looked clean, I've given them a clean anyway so will see. I am more inclined to think it's the door closed push-switch on the rear of the doorframe that might be the culprit as the front is almost completely engaged by the time the soft-close initiates. I tried to get it to happen yesterday on the drive but couldn't - intermittent issues aren't half annoying . . . either it's fixed now, or it's waiting to catch me unawares.

Back