Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clifford Alarm

bernie

bernie

I had a Clifford alarm fitted in about March 2007. The other day, the fob failed t5o operate. I replaced the battery but now believe that I am only using the original VW alarm. I'm wondering if when randomly pressing buttons, I have put it in valet mode but searching the internet is problematic are there are so many different models. The company who fitted it no longer trade. Attached are pictures of the two fobs, the worn one being the one in daily use, the other the master I believe. Could anyone please tell me how to get out of valet mode on a Clifford fitted in 2007 ? Or suggest something else. There have been quite a few burglaries and attempted car thefts in my area lately

IMG_20181231_140156759[1].jpg

Why did you have an after market alarm fitted? The Cali has a Thatcham 1 alarm and immobiliser fitted

Last edited:
In some alarm systems you will need to resync the fob back to the alarm control unit when you have changed the fob battery.
This usually means holding the fob close to the control unit (aka dashboard) and pressing a button(s) for a certain period of time.
Does the other key fob have a live battery in it?
Might be worth doing some google searches on 'Resync clifford alarm fob?' or similar.

In some alarm systems you will need to resync the fob back to the alarm control unit when you have changed the fob battery.
This usually means holding the fob close to the control unit (aka dashboard) and pressing a button(s) for a certain period of time.
Does the other key fob have a live battery in it?
Might be worth doing some google searches on 'Resync clifford alarm fob?' or similar.
I do not know if this is any use to you but shows that info is available.....https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...39EEE5029939B06D09163&view=detail&FORM=VIREHT
The guy also says that he has manuals and is prepared to help so this might provide another route to resolve this for you.
Good luck

Thanks all. Re reason for fitting, my Cali was made in 2004 and did not have a Thatcham 1 alarm, I believe. Also, I live in Birmingham

Will follow up your suggestions

Happy New Year

I found paperwork. It is a Clifford Concept 650 Thatcham 1 alarm

Solved to a degree. I paid a Clifford installer to come round and look at it.

It works fine if you stand near the front door to arm it or disarm it.

I was trying to arm it from the steps of my house a couple of metres behind the van.

Previously, it could be armed from within my house,say i.e. 5 metres away

It is possible that the battery in the fob did not need changing after all.

The installer said he'll ask Clifford what the cause could be.

Phew, relief

There is an old trick where you raise the fob to touch your head, then aim and activate/deactivate the car alarm. It some how increases the range of the fob.

Sounds crazy, but it really works.

Give it a try.

Great will try it. Have heard of it before. I suppose the skull acts like a concave dish focussing the signal