Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Climate Control

Norfolk Jim

Norfolk Jim

Trying to retire but there's always one last job..
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Having had a T5 with no air con was one of the big 'must haves' when changing vehicle be it another conversion or Cali.

Our T6.1 Ocean is Indium Grey and yesterday at lunchtime it was 27 deg outside and full sun. I needed to visit local surgery so went in Cali. Set temp at 19 and I was shocked at how quick this big dark coloured van cooled down. Fan slowed right down after 3 miles to a possitively wonderful atmosphere. Our 2019 Golf GT est has dual climate and is Silver and I'm pretty sure doesn't cool down as quick. My previous car was black Nissan X Trail with full climate and I found that struggled to keep it cool so well chuffed with Cali !!!! Really is a cool Hotel California!

Having had a T5 with no air con was one of the big 'must haves' when changing vehicle be it another conversion or Cali.

Our T6.1 Ocean is Indium Grey and yesterday at lunchtime it was 27 deg outside and full sun. I needed to visit local surgery so went in Cali. Set temp at 19 and I was shocked at how quick this big dark coloured van cooled down. Fan slowed right down after 3 miles to a possitively wonderful atmosphere. Our 2019 Golf GT est has dual climate and is Silver and I'm pretty sure doesn't cool down as quick. My previous car was black Nissan X Trail with full climate and I found that struggled to keep it cool so well chuffed with Cali !!!! Really is a cool Hotel California!
If you have the 3 zone Climatronic then you have 2 AirCon heater exchangers, one behind Dashboard and one in the rear. The one in the rear is a recirculation system, just cools the air in the van, the one in the Dashboard can recirculate or cools fresh air coming in . If it is very hot it will operate in recirculating mode initially to cool interior down rapidly.

Yep 3 zone and I was aware of the 2 evaporators and nice you can adjust all 3 different temps