Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clive Gilbert Introduction

C

Clive Gilbert

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi All,
We (Clive and Margaret) purchased our January 2019 T6 White California Ocean 199 in October 2022. Factory Awning. Just had a Westfalia detachable tow bar fitted. Last camping holiday was 40 odd years ago in my parents Hymer in the South of France. Been on a weekend in North Yorkshire and a weekend in Cornwall in December but slept in B&B. Now booked a 4 night break in May and any hints and tips or recommendations you could pass our way would be gratefully received and much appreciated. We are looking to improve the comfort of the lower and upper beds. Any suggestions?
A Comforts camping room awning kit came with the Camper but no floor. Also looking to get 300W or more solar panel and a right handed drive away air awning of some sort. Is it possible to retrofit the rear shower outlet, and has anyone done it?
Too many questions? Any comments welcome. Kind Regards, C&M.

Have a look about with the search function, alot of the above will already have answers.
I don't believe the shower is easily retro fitted, we have one of these:

Hi All,
We (Clive and Margaret) purchased our January 2019 T6 White California Ocean 199 in October 2022. Factory Awning. Just had a Westfalia detachable tow bar fitted. Last camping holiday was 40 odd years ago in my parents Hymer in the South of France. Been on a weekend in North Yorkshire and a weekend in Cornwall in December but slept in B&B. Now booked a 4 night break in May and any hints and tips or recommendations you could pass our way would be gratefully received and much appreciated. We are looking to improve the comfort of the lower and upper beds. Any suggestions?
A Comforts camping room awning kit came with the Camper but no floor. Also looking to get 300W or more solar panel and a right handed drive away air awning of some sort. Is it possible to retrofit the rear shower outlet, and has anyone done it?
As @Sad mentions, you’ll find a number of threads on each of your topic questions; beds, solar, shower. Use the search function, and ‘search threads’. There are also topic areas to browse, like ‘beds and chairs’.

Here are a couple of starting threads though…

Hi All,

I retro-fitted a rear shower system to exactly the same format and standard as the OE factory-fit system and with exactly the same bulkhead fitting, shower head and hose, but spent only around half of what VW charge for those same parts.

See above for a ‘how to do it’ manual with parts list, cost and sourcing information, as well as a photo record.

Give me a shout if you need any more information or get stuck.

Last edited:

I retro-fitted a rear shower system to exactly the same format and standard as the OE factory-fit system and with exactly the same bulkhead fitting, shower head and hose, but spent only around half of what VW charge for those same parts.

See above for a ‘how to do it’ manual with parts list, cost and sourcing information, as well as a photo record.

Give me a shout if you need any more information or get stuck.
Thanks JR. Will definitely have a go at this. Thanks for the info.
Clive.