Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clock/hour at top of the display?

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
My display is set to 'Clock' but can anyone advise on what my display is showing. It has a clock and the number 1 on it at the top..I assumed its the programme for the heater but on interrogation of the heater nothing is programmed therefore nothing to delete. Am I barking up the wrong tree, maybe something else. Handbook leads me to think its heater related..

IMG_0792.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

That is what i see when i have the heater programmed.

Strange that it shows no programme set.
Maybe try reseting the control unit.

My display is set to 'Clock' but can anyone advise on what my display is showing. It has a clock and the number 1 on it at the top..I assumed its the programme for the heater but on interrogation of the heater nothing is programmed therefore nothing to delete. Am I barking up the wrong tree, maybe something else. Handbook leads me to think its heater related..

View attachment 38915

View attachment 38916

It is a default setting.

you can change it by going into the control menu and selecting " display settings".

The heater on is the top left indicator which glows amber when on. To programme the heater go into control panel menu and select heater then programme. To turn the heater on either use the control panel menu or just press the top left button which then displays a temperature setting which you can adjust using the rotary knob.

To reset the control panel here is how you do it in the
words of welshgas.

Control panel On

Press and Hold R lower button and then press Control Knob for 5 secs.

New Hidden Menu . Scroll to VW Diagnostics.

If there are any codes shown, take note and then Reset/Clear.

Return to Main Menu.

Switch Off Control Panel using L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On by pressing L lower button.

Are you sure you haven’t got a “Clock” alarm set up. Use the Menu Control to go to Clock and check No Alarms are set.

To reset the control panel here is how you do it in the
words of welshgas.

Control panel On

Press and Hold R lower button and then press Control Knob for 5 secs.

New Hidden Menu . Scroll to VW Diagnostics.

If there are any codes shown, take note and then Reset/Clear.

Return to Main Menu.

Switch Off Control Panel using L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On by pressing L lower button.
cant see a reset section.. no reset/clear under dignostic menu.. no codes show also

cant see a reset section.. no reset/clear under dignostic menu.. no codes show also
You won’t see a Reset option if there are no Codes to reset. So return to the Main Menu and Switch Off the Unit as detailed above.

@Birty

What your display is showing is the symbol when you select "clock" from the display section of the main menu.

IT has nothing whatsoever to do with the heater programming which is controlled by a seperate menu.

To change it: press the bottom right button. Select "Display" from the menu, choose something else, either battery charge or" ambient temperature".

Once you have something showing on the display which you like we can then talk about setting the heating programme, if you really do want to do that.

Just to add(say in another way) to what Jen just said:
That symbol represents a clock and and calander and is just the menu image for the clock page. It is confusing and unnecessary as it is obvious when you are on that page, but that is german programming for you..

Ok thanks all. I think what we are saying is that the clock with a number 1 is normal when in 'clock' mode.. It does disappear in other mode's but was worried that something is gonna turn or off after an hour!! Thanks all

Back