Club Joker starter battery

Sorry, not seen any flashing light.
Thanks for your pic. Your voltage levels do seem at odds with what I read elsewhere, and which informs my possible over-concern. Statements such as at 12.4 the battery starts to sulphate and need to charge it.
5 days ago I fully charged my starter battery. The following morning it showed 12.79v. The readings after subsequent 24hr periods were 12.45v, 12.34v, 12.29v and today, 12.25v.
I would not be at all surprised it the engine started BUT at what point should I say it ought to be charged again, to avoid permanent damage? If now, that implies a need to charge every 5 days. Does that seem right to you?
And OK, the background electrics consume some power, but why the initial relatively steep drop? Is there any reason why, in the days following a full charge, the load on the battery should rise?
Or is it more likely the case that the battery cannot retain a full charge for very long?
If it settled as yours has done at 12.4-12.5v, I would not be concerned.
And thanks for your help.

View attachment 126320

12.25-12.4v would indicate a SoC of 80-90%. Refer here:

I’ve let my van sit for a month without issue. The VW indicator on your dash will let you know if you have a battery issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. You have been most helpful.

And then I read this in today's thread "How do I check if leisure batteries are charging the vehicle battery?"

“12.3v at rest on a lead acid battery might be indicative of a cell being knackered”

Is it any wonder I've been confused?

Back