Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Club Shop - Black vinyl wrap for the B posts - has anyone fitted these?

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello All,
Before I make a complete dogs breakfast of it, has anyone fitted the black vinyl B post wraps that the Club shop sell? If you have do you have any useful tips on the best way to go about this task? Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks.

Hello All,
Before I make a complete dogs breakfast of it, has anyone fitted the black vinyl B post wraps that the Club shop sell? If you have do you have any useful tips on the best way to go about this task? Any advice would be very welcome.
I got someone who knows what they are doing to fit mine. I can’t trust myself to stick a postage stamp on an envelope straight.

Not seen these post wraps but if it's just self adhesive vinyl. Clean application area well, you are trying to remove any films on the paintwork i.e if you have recently polished the application area, clean it to remove any silicone the polish as left etc. Then use the smallest amount of washing up liquid or baby oil in water to allow decal to be moved if required. Once in position squeeze out all liquid and then use a bit of heat (if necessary) to help it adhere.

I made a mess of my application of the Matt black ones from the shop, but I didn’t know to try with baby oil/washing up liquid. I found it difficult to position perfectly first time, then slightly stretched both of them in repositioning them, which meant I had to trim the top to keep it in line.
Looking to redo again but with shiny rather than matt, and aim to ask someone better than me to fit them....

Back