Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bumper protector (and B pillar wrap) for Ascot Grey?

I’ve ordered an Ascot Grey with Sports Pack and I’m a little confused and hopefully you can clarify? Do yo get the rear bumper protection with the Sport Pack?
No that’s not part of the sport pack.
I got the VW dealer to supply and fit one for me. Easy enough to do yourself but they didn’t charge me.

We're considering an Ascot Grey California and wondering what people with light-coloured vans have done in terms of bumper protectors. I imagine the big PVC black one (which we have on our current Mojave Beige one) might stand out too much?
I'm also considering a B pillar wrap to 'bring together' the front and rear windows - has anyone done this on an Ascot Grey?
Grateful for some advice, thanks all!
On my bumper I have a clear paint protection film. It looks factory fitted to me. This film is also behind the rear wheels to stop stone chips, or maybe in front, I can’t remember…….I’ll have a look next time I go out.

Last edited:
Does the clear plastic film protect as well as the black plastic protector? Want to get one fitted to my Ascot grey one but I'm interested in longevity (although I guess if it gets tatty and/or damages the bumper on removal, nothing stopping me applying a black one at a later date).

I took the less obvious route and had the rear bumper covered with clear PPF , no fading and almost invisible but protects the van.Inkedvw.jpg

Last edited:
Does the clear plastic film protect as well as the black plastic protector? Want to get one fitted to my Ascot grey one but I'm interested in longevity (although I guess if it gets tatty and/or damages the bumper on removal, nothing stopping me applying a black one at a later date).
My Cali is almost 4 year old and looks in perfect condition to me with no scratches anywhere

7A802C01-8905-4892-9088-8CAD404ECC31.jpeg

EE22E606-7842-4F00-9A36-A2A4BDAAA37E.jpeg

053D32FE-20DD-4112-B05E-C244902BAB5F.jpeg

I have no idea as I’ve only had the Cali for 1 month and they came fitted. I also had this PPF fitted on my boot lid where the bike rack clamps clamp the boot. When I removed the bike rack I noticed them. I removed them where the bottom clamps were but left the PPF on the top a it can’t be seen. There is no damage whatsoever from the bike rack clamps where the PPF was fitted. I don’t know if this is a factory thing when they fit the bike rack

I’m thinking of taking the black VW protector off, as it’s now a sun bleached grey, and going either helicopter tape or a stainless steel protector. The only thing holding me back is the job of pulling off the super sticky 3M tape that’s used. Anyone done that?

We're considering an Ascot Grey California and wondering what people with light-coloured vans have done in terms of bumper protectors. I imagine the big PVC black one (which we have on our current Mojave Beige one) might stand out too much?
I'm also considering a B pillar wrap to 'bring together' the front and rear windows - has anyone done this on an Ascot Grey?
Grateful for some advice, thanks all!
Have a stainless steel one on my grey 6.1 Looks great from Vanstyle

I’m thinking of taking the black VW protector off, as it’s now a sun bleached grey, and going either helicopter tape or a stainless steel protector. The only thing holding me back is the job of pulling off the super sticky 3M tape that’s used. Anyone done that?
Hairdryer and plastic spatula and then white spirit

Back