Clunky sliding door

CaliJoe

CaliJoe

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Re: 2019 - Cali Beach, circa 3000

Hi all,

my sliding passenger door is taking some force to shut properly. On a “full slide” it does not fully engage. It requires additional pressure on the “opposite to handle” (I.e the left) side of the door to shut properly.

I’m planning to take it back to the garage to be assessed, but I wondered if anyone has experienced something like this, and knew of a quick fix?

thanks in advance.

My 2017 Beach sliding door has always been difficult to close when all other doors are closed and the roof is down. I now have the habit of opening the driver’s door slightly before closing the sliding door this allows the air to escape for the final bit of closing.

On my T5 there is a rubber stop at the top and bottom left corner on the back of the door. These adjust in and out like a screw. If too far out they could stop the door prematurely before it locates with the striker on the pillar.
In addition the striker can be adjusted by loosening, not removing, the 2 torx / spline bolts. Adjusting it outwards a couple of mm might help, just be sure to mark the original position so that you can at least get it back how you started.- if in warranty probably best just to take it in, mines not and so I tend to try and fix stuff like this myself.

Back