Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cobb BBQ location

Yorkie

Yorkie

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I have read lots of Cobb BBQ threads but cannot see if it fits nicely under the bed in a low position in the boot.

Do any Cobb owners have any packing tips? I presently have six Ikea boxes all set out in the boot and would hope it fits in one of those.

Last edited:
Yes the Cobb fits under the bed / parcel shelf on the lowest setting.

Last edited:
I can also confirm it fits very nicely under the parcel shelf, you can cook a great Sunday roast on it as well

Just looking at these , very tempted and looks a good deal if you are a VIP. I am assuming you can also use charcoal as well as the cobblestones?

Personally would not bother with the cobblestones just get some compressed charcoal, heat beads briquettes . You only need about 10 to cook a good roast or pie . Lasts about 3hrs .

I followed the link and now know there are two models. Sadly back to square one; can anyone tell me if it's tall or mini that fits under rear boot?

Both will fit, not sure about the Cobb supreme though!

We have the premier Cobb, fits fine under back bed, we also use ours ours at home and at the beach, really versatile bit of kit. We have even cooked pizza on ours.

We also do pizza's on our cob, both home made and shop bought, much nicer base than doing it in the oven.

We plant to attempt a Sunday roast come Spring time.

I have read lots of Cobb BBQ threads but cannot see if it fits nicely under the bed in a low position in the boot.

Do any Cobb owners have any packing tips? I presently have six Ikea boxes all set out in the boot and would hope it fits in one of those.
Hello, can you tell me which boxes from IKEA do you use?

I couldn't get my "Cobb in a kitchen" under the bench without raising the "parcel" shelf. However I use it all the time (twice a week, and I live in Aberdeen...). I have used other stones and coals - but the beauty of the Cobb stones is they are ready to cook in 2 minutes - so if you've been busy all day there is no waiting around. Brilliant to cook on and 2.5 hours of heat. I can't fault them.
I have also invested in the gas version for travelling as want to be able to cook a fry up or simple dinner without having to safely wait 2.5 hours before you can do anything else.

Back