Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Collect used 4 motion 2017 plate next week.. Anything known issues I should look for maybe?

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Any clues/obvious/know issues on 4 motion or other aspects of the T6 I should look out for on collection/private sale.. Still vw warrantied and low miles. Does a 2017 suffer from roof corrosion or and know mechanicals ? If all ok on collection then I will have two cali's!! Then it's sell the other one time. :oops:

Any clues/obvious/know issues on 4 motion or other aspects of the T6 I should look out for on collection/private sale.. Still vw warrantied and low miles. Does a 2017 suffer from roof corrosion or and know mechanicals ? If all ok on collection then I will have two cali's!! Then it's sell the other one time. :oops:
Elevating roof section should have tape under the rubber seal. If not subject to a Workshop Action on next Dealership visit.
NB: some Service items are Time or Milage actioned. eg: Haldex and DSG oil changes at 2 yrs never mind the milage, likewise Cambelt at 4 yrs or 80k miles.
Tyres must have similar tread depth all round or it can upset the 4Motion. My tyres wear equally front to rear L to R and so are changed all at the same time.

Elevating roof section should have tape under the rubber seal. If not subject to a Workshop Action on next Dealership visit.
NB: some Service items are Time or Milage actioned. eg: Haldex and DSG oil changes at 2 yrs never mind the milage, likewise Cambelt at 4 yrs or 80k miles.
Tyres must have similar tread depth all round or it can upset the 4Motion. My tyres wear equally front to rear L to R and so are changed all at the same time.
Thanks Welsh gas but what do you mean tape under rubber seal? If not that means a trip to VW saying can you do something? What?
How does uneven wear upset the 4 motion? Error light or something?
Thanks in anticipation...

VW will cover cost of putting the tape on roof. It’s a recall basically they remove seal, clean edges apply tape and seal. It will be on the computer to do if not already carried out. As current owner to check. It’s very important to ensure even wear on 4 motion otherwise it will damage diff on rear.
I purchased mine privately 2.5 years ago and no issues. It’s important to carry out all serviceable items on time and not skimp.
Good luck and enjoy.

VW will cover cost of putting the tape on roof. It’s a recall basically they remove seal, clean edges apply tape and seal. It will be on the computer to do if not already carried out. As current owner to check. It’s very important to ensure even wear on 4 motion otherwise it will damage diff on rear.
I purchased mine privately 2.5 years ago and no issues. It’s important to carry out all serviceable items on time and not skimp.
Good luck and enjoy.
thank you. very informative ta

Back