Collecting this week! At last

ExploreCampers

ExploreCampers

Explore Campervans - Luxury Campervan Rental
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi everyone

After months of thinking about T5 conversions, then looking at Calis on and off for a few weeks, including persuading the wife it's a good idea, I've finally done it and we collect on Thursday!

I haven't spent enough time on the forum yet, but what I have read was very interesting and useful.

I'm sure there will be many, many more questions to come! :mrgreen:

Hi, Rilla

Congratulations!

Which model/colour/options have you gone for? And which dealer are you using?

Best wishes,
Steve

Welcome.

It's a great feeling when you drive away from the dealers. :thumb

Well done my friend ... I put deposit down last week and sometimes smile and sometimes cry .... Lol
All is good and the forum guys are great ,so ask away I know I do :)

coordinated said:
Hi, Rilla

Congratulations!

Which model/colour/options have you gone for? And which dealer are you using?

Best wishes,
Steve

Hi Steve

I'm using VW Lancashire and so far, service has been very good, I will give more detail when it's complete.

Spec wise, it is almost identical to Stus Berghaus, Natural grey was the colour I wanted all along, although the blue looks fantastic in the metal. I have also added the lowering springs, but couldn't resist the stainless side tubes too.

I'm now trying to stop myself from buying everyother possible accessory!!

Looking forward to talking about it with other enthusiastic owners!

Phil

Phil .. Same as my Cali as well not sure yet about springs though

I think the side tubes will be on my list soon as well but I need to ease off the spending a bit. :shocked

RNS510 arrived on Monday, OEM Bluetooth and OEM Media Interface will arrive tomorrow :thumb

Busy day of installation on Thursday I think.

Get a photo up ...I want to see those shinny side bars ,as the wife may want them on ours before we pick it up :)

RNS510 arrived on Monday, OEM Bluetooth and OEM Media Interface will arrive tomorrow

Stu where did you buy from ?? You will need to program ECU for them to work.... I seem to think you said you have the software ??

Andy,

I bought the RNS from Lithuania, a guy I have used a few times before and very reliable. Paid a little more as I wanted the latest model and brand new - £650 delivered. They can be had for sub £500.

The Bluetooth came from Poland, again the latest one and one which is fitted to Cali's from 11.2012.

http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-bluetooth-k ... id212.html

This bad boy has UHV and rSAP. (UHV handles most phones on bluetooth profile and rSAP is a Nokia and others full control system) With rSAP it'll read your texts etc and display them on the dash.

MDI also came from Poland, and once again is the latest version and is as fitted to cali's from the factory.

http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-media-in-md ... id290.html

I don't like all these P&P looms so I may have to have a look at sorting them out, it largely depends on how much room is behind the dash on the Cali.

I plan to write install guides for others to follow. And yes I do have the diagnostic programming tool VCDS. I had a quick play with some coding on the van on Sunday but ran out of time, there are some things there to explore and I already enabled confirmation beep on locking and Anti Hijack locking.

More than happy to help out with coding for people as and when. :thumb

i'll keep that in mind stu when i'm ready to get mine fitted ....... :thumb

i may have to pay you to do it ... ;)

should i get the radio code just in case for mine ..??

I would mate.

They can get it whilst plugged into Germany during the PDI.

Also if you do have springs fitted ask for the originals to be put in the back when you collect.

Good to have you here Rilla. As this thread shows; plenty info to be had and, well, the accessory list.... it never ends.
Enjoy.
Iain

Stu said:
I had a quick play with some coding on the van on Sunday but ran out of time, there are some things there to explore and I already enabled confirmation beep on locking and Anti Hijack locking.

More than happy to help out with coding for people as and when. :thumb
Hi Stu,
On your next play would you be good enough to check if there is an option for enabling parking lights as mentioned in the manual as mine obviously don't work as default :?:

Chris

Can you give me more of a clue Chris??

What is it you want to achieve?

Thanks for the replies.

Stu, it sounds like you are doing everything I want to do. Out of interest, why did you not choose the Kenwood system that incorporates bluetooth and ipod connection etc?

Whilst I'm sure the kenwood is good, it's no RNS510.

If you compare map screens for instance the RNS510 is much smoother.

Sound on the RNS510 is Dolby DTS so it makes an excellent movie player.

There are lots of little things I guess.

Stu said:
Can you give me more of a clue Chris??

What is it you want to achieve?
Manual states that if you turn off ignition and press down the indicator stalk once that this will turn on nearside 'Parking Lights' or press up once for offside 'Parking Lights' as this does not occur on mine, could it be turned off by default within the coding?

Chris

Ahh ok I understand now. I think mine does that.

I'll check for you.

Back