Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Collision report

Good luck with the claim Tom. Pity you were not absolutely stationary at the time. That would have made it easier. But the fact that the other driver didn't stop suggest that they were either aware of the collision and trying to avoid responsibility or so distracted that they were oblivious.

It's amazing what som people will try to wriggle out of. Any years ago a woman who ran into the back of my pushbike whenI was stationary at a junction tried to claim I had reversed uphill into her!!!

I had problems when a car hit my motorcycle on a roundabout. He tried to wriggle out of it and kept making all sorts of claims, to which I simply kept repeating what I had said, without any additions or trying to make it clearer. It took a while but I got full settlement in the end.
Hope you do too, and I sympathise with the pain of damage to your van!

Nearly 2 years 4 months on, and this went to court today. Bromley County Court sitting in Wandsworth.

After hearing all the evidence the judge was unequivocal: my evidence was clear, consistent and credible; the defendant’s evidence was none of those things. I won the case.

Thanks to all who helped me clarify my collision report.

For interest: the defendant claimed I turned into him when he was stationary at the point where he had stopped behind traffic queuing at the lights. He then claimed the first time he saw me was when I pulled up behind him and got out of the van! “Clear confusion” is a nice oxymoron used by the judge to describe his evidence.

Nearly 2 years 4 months on, and this went to court today. Bromley County Court sitting in Wandsworth.

After hearing all the evidence the judge was unequivocal: my evidence was clear, consistent and credible; the defendant’s evidence was none of those things. I won the case.

For interest: the defendant claimed I turned into him when he was stationary at the point where he had stopped behind traffic queuing at the lights. He then claimed the first time he saw me was when I pulled up behind him and got out of the van! “Clear confusion” is a nice oxymoron used by the judge to describe his evidence.

Congratulations Tom, must feel good to now have it out of the way at last.

Excellent result.

Due to the number of bad drivers when visiting the built up areas I now have front and rear dash cam set up to try and stop the grief Tom went through.
I have a dash cam now, but only front. I didn’t learn the lesson first time - it took a second prang to teach me. In Poland a van driver rolled backwards into me at lights. How do you prove that was not your fault!? Fortunately the excellent Swidnica police found a CCTV camera outside a nearby nursery school.

I'm really glad you won, sounds rather similar to mine except that in mine it got to (as my solicitor described it) 'the courtroom steps' before the other side gave up.

I'm really glad you won, sounds rather similar to mine except that in mine it got to (as my solicitor described it) 'the courtroom steps' before the other side gave up.

As soon as I’d trapped the other driver between my van and traffic at the lights I started taking photos on my iPhone.

The other driver made his statement without the benefit of those photos, and in the courtroom had to explain to the judge that his signed witness statement contained a number of factual inaccuracies.

To support his assertion that I had turned into the rear end of his car, he claimed that his rear light had broken. The photos showed this to be false. “Clear confusion”

Well done, :thumb (But good job it wasn’t BoJo who skimmed you, the facts would have been completely dismissed no matter how strong the evidence was)

Well done, :thumb (But good job it wasn’t BoJo who skimmed you, the facts would have been completely dismissed no matter how strong the evidence was)
Pathetic.:kiss

Back