Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Colour Choice help!

C

caliman

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
Planning on ordering a new beach but having trouble deciding on the colour. Quite fancy blackberry but worried that it looks too brown in the pictures. Can anyone please give me some reassurance and/or post me some pictures. Most of the colour choices just seem too boring please convince me otherwise.

:help

Ahem. Mine has now been built, awaiting transportation from Germany, and she IS brown and definitely not boring :lol:

On a more serious note, I have seen a Cali in blackberry, close-up and outside on a fairly dull day, and it didn't look brown at all to me. If anything, I would say that at a glance, when not in bright sunlight, it could more easily pass for black.

Good luck choosing! :thumb

Maud

I agree with Maud, I've never thought our Blackberry looked brown in any light. Though when I read your post, I looked again at our photos and I guess looking at some of those it might be possible to think its a really dark brown but never in the flesh. I know I'm biased but It really is an interesting colour and looks great in different lights. At night in the dark, it can look blackish which is a a bonus if you don't want to be too obvious.

Personally I think Blackberry is one of the best colours (although we don't have it as we purchased a demo and had no choice...)

Although if you are buying it as a long term companion, then just get the colour you like the best.

If you are looking for the most popular colour to resell in a few years then silver or grey are the most common, so probably most popular.

Tony

Looby said:
I agree with Maud, I've never thought our Blackberry looked brown in any light. Though when I read your post, I looked again at our photos and I guess looking at some of those it might be possible to think its a really dark brown but never in the flesh. I know I'm biased but It really is an interesting colour and looks great in different lights. At night in the dark, it can look blackish which is a a bonus if you don't want to be too obvious.

I agree with looby we went with Blackberry and I've had no regrets at all we absolutely love it ,clean or dirty looks stunning

If I were ordering today I would go for Blackberry too

Thank you for all your comments, blackberry will be our colour of choice, just have not seen one in the flesh.

:thanks

It's a great colour IMO - that wasn't out when we bought ours...

caliman said:
Thank you for all your comments, blackberry will be our colour of choice, just have not seen one in the flesh.

:thanks

I've seen a beach in blackberry in the flesh. Didn't like it. Mrs Blakey loved it. I would advise seeing for real before ordering.

Also I think resale value/options may be reduced if you go for a more unusual colour.

Still, each to their own. :)

Cheers
Blakey

Hi

We we're going to buy a ex demo until my wife saw a van in Blackberry and she didn't want anything else so had to buy new...

Don't do it we don't to may of them out there... :lol:

If your near Bournemouth you are more than welcome to pop over and take a look at ours.

Shaun

Thank you for all the replies and the offer from Shaun. We have now seen a blackberry(caddy) in the flesh and really liked the colour so will be ordering one soon (just not a caddy!)