Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which colour should I choose for my ocean ?

Hi there,
I have placed an order for my cali ocean in two tone starlight blue and reflex silver.
However, Im worried about my colour choice and still have time to change to a solid colour - Indium grey.
Does anyone have any advice please to help me make my decision?
The trouble is that I haven't seen the two tone in real life.
Ive also chosen the davenport wheels with 215 tyres. Is this a good choice?
Stick with your original choice. It’ll look great and be personal to you.

Starlight blue & silver looks fantastic in the flesh - its rare & will be desirable in the future.

I was dead set on indium then saw mojave in the flesh and changed my order, really pleased I did I’ve had lots of positive comments on the colour, it’s one of these colours that’s chances quite a lot depending on the light :thumb

Yes, I think these colours are discounted too quickly. Whilst it’s a common car colour, I have never seen a silver T6/6.1 California, even at a dealer. Both would be an upgrade from Indium grey imo.
@jaynehale1968 you have ordered a silver-topped two-tone, then wonder about a solid colour. Why jump to Indium? Silver would be a brighter alternative, better suited to a leisure vehicle. And if you spent the saved cash on the sports pack (and pocket a few hundred quid), you may well have a unique California including the best OEM wheel design. Springfields tick many of @Borris boxes above, but better fill the wheel arches and look great.
I’ve got a Silver 6.1, seems to manage the impossible of standing out without being too overt. I think it looks really good with 18 inch palmerstons too.

IMG_9518.jpeg

We went for the two tone starlight blue with candy white. So worth it it’s nice to stand out form the crowd and be different. IMHO it’s the best two tone colour combination.
Our dealer says the two tones have been discontinued? Not sure how true that is ?
0B569582-6489-49B2-8F8E-DDA85A084D5A.jpeg

I was at a dealership last week and the guy there was calling Indium Grey boring. I've had it and loved it, then Acapulco Blue and now Mojave Beige, which has definitely grown on me. I'm currently trying to love the Bronze.

The two tone blue and silver looks great.

After a lot of thought we eventually went Candy White for a few reasons, 1) its a lot cheaper than the metallic colours and significantly cheaper than the two tone option and 2) especially as we can provide colour versatility by using a wrap to change up the colour combinations as often as we want, 3) we will use the camper in hot countries so the white paint should help us stay cooler and we also have the heat reflecting glass package which should also help, 4) white is timeless and when it is clean it looks well & there's a lot of black accents on the van with the awning, alloys etc and it comes with a black roof as standard which was unexpected. 5) lastly I find the White paint surprisingly easy to keep clean, and with the lack of a metallic lacquer I think will help maintenance of the paint in the future. Enjoy your purchase and have no regrets.

We have Candy white and copper and it looks stunning, however if we were buying another it would be candy white and Starlight blue for me, it looks amazing. VW Liverpool had one for sale 2 weeks ago... WOW just fabulous.
One consideration is whether it's strictly a leisure van or combining as an every day van, for me I would prefer a colour that's less of a holiday bus if using it for work etc.
With regards to Candy White this is a beautiful paint finish that oozes quality.

Hi there,
I have placed an order for my cali ocean in two tone starlight blue and reflex silver.
However, Im worried about my colour choice and still have time to change to a solid colour - Indium grey.

I have the blue and silver With the bigger wheels. And I can say it’s a stunning combination. All I would say is get as many extras as you can possible afford apart from the art valour seats you can get the ones that come with the van change to leather for nearly the same price. That’s what I did And it takes the inside of the van to another level.

I think the moral of this thread is that people usually love the colour they’ve chosen and rarely regret their choice - so best to go with the one you like best! We have a copper / white two tone which we love - for the single colours I second the poster who recommended mojave, saw one in Dorset this week and it looked great. I would otherwise have chosen ascot but since getting a polo in that colour I do think it shows the dirt much more than metallic finishes.

I have the blue and silver With the bigger wheels. And I can say it’s a stunning combination. All I would say is get as many extras as you can possible afford apart from the art valour seats you can get the ones that come with the van change to leather for nearly the same price. That’s what I did And it takes the inside of the van to another level.
Agree on the options.

Definitely get the second drawer, cheaper as an option than to retrofit. And the 80ltr fuel tank.

Do not get the "Comfort Mattress" it should be banned under the trades description act. A good Panda mattress is 1/3 the price and 100x better...:)

Hi there,
We've got the reflex silver over starlight blue and to be honest I wish I hadn't bothered. The blue is very dark and looks almost black in low light conditions. It also doesn't help that I had Diamondbrite added by the dealer and they really messed it up. You can see the swirls from the power mop on the blue half.
I really wish I'd now gone for the Fortana red and used the money I spent on the two tone on the sports pack instead.

it comes with a black roof as standard
Is that an ‘Edition’?
Difficult to understand why they did that on a white van, chosen partly to keep cool and then…a black roof?

Last edited:
Hi there,
Ascot gray with stock wheel/tyres. I like to be anonymous

We've got the reflex silver over starlight blue and to be honest I wish I hadn't bothered. The blue is very dark and looks almost black in low light conditions. It also doesn't help that I had Diamondbrite added by the dealer and they really messed it up. You can see the swirls from the power mop on the blue half.
I really wish I'd now gone for the Fortana red and used the money I spent on the two tone on the sports pack instead.
That’s a shame. Starlight blue, and the black of course, are well known to show every mark / scratch / swirl so not the easiest to live with. Unless you’re a detailing fanatic of course, in which case I guess they reward effort. The red does work well with the black sports pack, so does indium grey - looks amazing, and probably the easiest to keep looking that way too.

If I was buying new I would also add the chrome pack. It adds the chrome bits and bobs but also blacks out the B pillars which a lot of owners do to their Calis.

A4794B8A-3EF0-439F-BE01-CCFEEA2BD309.jpeg

6D3D7D95-446A-450F-80F2-C0DA47DADE8D.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi there,
I went for that colour combo and it’s lovely

We have a 6.1 starlight blue van. I sometimes entertain the idea of wrapping the top half in silver. I saved these photos a few months ago when one was for sale. Looks great.

VW California Silver and Blue 10.jpg

VW California Silver and Blue 12.jpg

VW California Silver and Blue 11.jpg

VW California Silver and Blue 9.jpg

VW California Silver and Blue 1.jpg

Why so complicated? Our cherry red coast is allways and everywere admired as: "beautifull colour". And it stands out amidst a world full of white whales.

Back