Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comeback grannyjen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness,

I've not been to a rally since Nuremberg!

I sat next to this terribly fat fellow who I believe had been an aviator but now was waffling on about economic miracles and the "peoples car" .... :shocked

Goodness, "peoples car" indeed! .... it will never catch on
Not funny.

Even if a little racist?
I'm not in the business of defending anyone but putting ? After an accusation of being racist is probably not a good plan as it presumes you are questioning it yourself and should not therefore be putting it.

Mike

No granny Jen has not been barred she has probably chosen to have a rest
She's in Cuba according to her avatar writing! She'll be checking her '57 Chevy for roof corrosion :D

I'm not in the business of defending anyone but putting ? After an accusation of being racist is probably not a good plan as it presumes you are questioning it yourself and should not therefore be putting it.

Mike
I was indeed questioning it, not making the accusation. I exercise my right of free speech!

I think I must have either lost the plot OR not have any idea what Racist is.

Why would GJ post even remotely be Racist...

As for Herr G, his memory does not need any protection, it is what it is.
Maybe you should go and look at the definition on the home office web site or try re posting it on the German Cali owners web site.

I was indeed questioning it, not making the accusation. I exercise my right of free speech!
I don't think that one persons right of free speech should be used to muzzle another persons right of free speech.

Racism is a serious charge, I suggest that the word is not used unless you are sure you mean it.

The right to free speech does not extend to offensive comments.
Come on, free speech will almost always be offensive to someone.
Suggest that you watch Prime Ministers Question Time, loads of free speech there and loads of offence

Well I can't disagree with you there gentlemen but it is against the law for us mere mortals.

Well I can't disagree with you there gentlemen but it is against the law for us mere mortals.
It is not against the law to be offensive, mere mortal for not.
And to suggest that MPs can be more offensive than then rest of us is bizarre.

I've re-read it several times, I genuinely can't see any racism in there. Not offensive to me personally to be honest. Is it because its about an unpleasant part of world history? She was just suggesting she is old enough to have been around when the idea of VW was first announced.

If everything bad that ever happened in the world was automatically offensive and therefore off limits, we would turn our back on the lessons of our species countless mistakes and fail to learn from them. Not that I am sure human beings really learn from them anyway.

I think many politicians are a perfect example of do what we say, not what we do, sadly. You only have to watch Parliament to see what a joke they sometimes are. Although they say we get the politicians were deserve...

Maybe you should go and look at the definition on the home office web site or try re posting it on the German Cali owners web site.

We would have no problem.

Do you think German people do not know their history? Do you think they need protecting? Do you think we are like little children that need you, the censor, to protect us?

Really! Good grief! I find you offensive for even suggesting it.

Do you really think that people like my husband are so humourless? We do not tell British jokes? The French do not tell Belgian jokes? The Belgians don't tell Dutch jokes?

Have you never watched Fawlty towers, 'ello 'ello?

Ridiculous!

I have met very very many Germans on my extensive VW travels and find most of them fun with a very droll sense of humour. In particular at Race Car weekend camps they like to find anything they can and set up a camp fire. On the occasions I have referred them to the Reichstag and the fire of 1933 they see the funny side. They love taking the michael out of Brits and our penchant for wearing shorts on every available opportunity.

Remember today's Germans have nothing to do with their ancestors and likely abhor them more than the rest of humanity.

Remember today's Germans have nothing to do with their ancestors and likely abhor them more than the rest of humanity.

My husband's Grandfather was in the Luftwaffe dropping bombs on London and he did not walk around hanging his head in shame. It was yesterday, the past, history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back