Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfort cover

Calimagg

Calimagg

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
In Section 1 Cover it says:

" If we elect to repair your motor caravan, we may use parts which are not supplied or made by the original manufacturer"

Surely this would invalidate the warranty? I did ask Comfort, about this but they just said
"No one had ever asked before, we can't comment, and no you cannot ask Aviva?

Can you insist on VW Parts? Their quote is by far the best, but want to make sure first,

Thanks
Maggie

Where would you find parts that weren't made by VW

I think it's part of the general terms and conditions catch all that you find in most policies.
Found it on Page 7 of the booklet and personally not worried.

Mike

Where would you find parts that weren't made by VW

I am sure there will be non VW transporter body parts on the market. I was told by the bodyshop that my rear replacement door came in with all undercoating and rust prep direct from VW and that is why the repair will not effect the VW warranty.

The real test is would they allow you to use a VW approved bodyshop rather than a Comfort approved bodyshop

I am sure there will be non VW transporter body parts on the market. I was told by the bodyshop that my rear replacement door came in with all undercoating and rust prep direct from VW and that is why the repair will not effect the VW warranty.

The real test is would they allow you to use a VW approved bodyshop rather than a Comfort approved bodyshop

Good point, will ask the question.
Thanks

Hi Maggie

Did Comfort give you clarify om this point ? I'm currently going through the same process of finding cover !

Many thanks
David

Hi there David

Comfort said that you could request a VW authorised body shop for repairs, but
it would cause delays. I assume Aviva would have to negotiate on price.
However, it was request and not guarantee.

Same answer from CC.

I went for Comfort in the end.

Maggie

Hi Maggie

Many thanks - really helpful and the best you can probably hope for. Just had a quote from Safeguard that comes in £100 lower than Comfort - need to check the policy in more detail but cover looks broadly the same....although it's always in the detail:)

Best wishes
David

We had a little altercation with a barrier in our Cali. We live near to a VW Approved Repairer and so asked Comfort if we could go there. No problem with Comfort and made arrangements. Repairer has just phoned and they advised that our policy doesn't have courtesy car cover - doh! :( Didn't know it was an option.

Last edited:
Back