Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfort insurance Customers?

Stevieste23

Stevieste23

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all

I am having the same nightmare as every new Cali owner, as it seems reading all the threads. It really is a mine field of if you are covered for this and not covered for that. When spending a considerable amount of money, its a case of getting it right rather than the cheapest out there.

Got a quote from Comfort today and everything seems to be covered. The 48hr stored, seems ok for my situation. The one thing that is puzzling me is the NCD. I have full NCD and they say they don't accept it but they do take it and hold it for the period you are with them. Handing you back a full NCD at the end of your agreement. I am a little suspect on this, so thought I would ask for experience. Do you need to get this in writing? Has anyone had this experience, positive or negative? It will be to late, say in 1,2 or 3 years when they say "who told you that" no you have no NCD because we don't use it.

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks

I went with Comfort today after getting an online quote from them and ringing their main forum alternative. To say it was an easy decision is an understatement. £800 cheaper before Comfort applied the VWCC discount. (ended up paying £380 v possibly £1250!)
My understanding is that they take the no claims into account on the other drivers main vehicles policies.

We are all too suspect and scared of our own shadow.

I have insured with Comfort since I purchased my Cali in 2010, no problems.

I went with Comfort insurance in the end. They told me they will keep my NCD on record as they are brokers. As this is my daily drive I have no other car to put my NCD on. Asked them if that is only valid for 2 years and they said no. It’s kept on their record whilst I am with them, even though it’s not being used. If and when I leave they will issue a NCD proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are all too suspect and scared of our own shadow.

I have insured with Comfort since I purchased my Cali in 2010, no problems.

Has this been your only vehicle over the years?

I'm happy with comfort.

My every dealing with this company has been an experience of fast response, open transparency and clarity.

I've never wanted to change and now in my 6th great year ......

Has this been your only vehicle over the years?

No I have various cars, classics that seem to insure on their policy’s with no NCD but good rates....& a company runabout in my name but with maximum NCD.

With Comfort I tend to use common sense and ensure that I am happy with their time limited rule re leaving the van here and there throughout the EU

No I have various cars, classics that seem to insure on their policy’s with no NCD but good rates....& a company runabout in my name but with maximum NCD.

With Comfort I tend to use common sense and ensure that I am happy with their time limited rule re leaving the van here and there throughout the EU

So your no claims has been used on your company vehicle then. My predicament was they didn’t use the NCD. Meaning that it wasn’t being used therefore after 2 years it becomes obsolete.

I see, luckily I have not had an accident or claim. Have to confess I find it a little confusing.

I’m not sure anyone has answered OP’s qu. OP wants to hear from someone that moved an NCD onto a Comfort policy, remained with Comfort for say 2 years, then successfully moved the NCD onto another insurer without having technically lost their original NCD because Comfort don’t run an NCD system and just bank it.

Presumably if you had an accident with Comfort, the banked NCD is unaffected.

I’m sure I’ve insured with them in the past and would have remembered if there’d been an issue with losing the max NCD I’ve had for years.

We went with comfort after a very comprehensive quote insured through Aviva.
I have no NCB and got a rocking price of £360
:upsidedown

I've used comfort in the past. Moved car full ncb to them & moved it when changed insurers with no problem.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi All,
I swapped to Comfort last year after plenty of help and good advice/opinions from everyone here. Thank you.
I am now due to reinsure again, I have not yet received a renewal quote and I am wondering if the renewal quotes go up out of proportion for the second year like most other companies seem to do using the ‘introductory discount was applied last year’, excuse. (I appreciate that ncd and inflation do possibly play a part).

Thanks

Just got my renewal quote from Comfort and it’s gone down slightly, so I cannot argue with that. I originally went with Comfort as I had been on a lease for many years, hence no NCD. The quote doesn’t seem to include club discount, so might give them a call to see if they can apply this for year two.

Hi All,
I swapped to Comfort last year after plenty of help and good advice/opinions from everyone here. Thank you.
I am now due to reinsure again, I have not yet received a renewal quote and I am wondering if the renewal quotes go up out of proportion for the second year like most other companies seem to do using the ‘introductory discount was applied last year’, excuse. (I appreciate that ncd and inflation do possibly play a part).

Thanks

Update on above.
I have just renewed with a small increase of £15. Taking it to £253

Thanks to all on a great forum.

We have been insured with Comfort from new (2008) until today...…. I'd not bothered shopping around, just called them to renew as I do every year (we have never had a claim I should add). I mentioned to them that we are in the process of moving house and would be changing address in the near future and suddenly they wanted proof of electoral roll, utility bills and proof of driving licence at current address. All too much hassle for me in this straight forward, high speed, digital world.

I am now a "former" Comfort customer and certainly am no longer an advocate of the brand, as I have been.

Customer loyalty.... Pah!!!

Last edited:
We have been insured with Comfort from new (2008) until today...…. I'd not bothered shopping around, just called them to renew as I do every year (we have never had a claim I should add). I mentioned to them that we are in the process of moving house and would be changing address in the near future and suddenly they wanted proof of electoral roll, utility bills and proof of driving licence at current address. All too much hassle for me in this straight forward, high speed, digital world.

I am now a "former" Comfort customer and certainly am no longer an advocate of the brand, as I have been.

Customer loyalty.... Pah!!!

I have been with them since 2010. They are asking you this simply because as part of the policy you have to have a UK address, they do not want the policy used for 365 days away from UK a year, as in permanent.

I have been with them since 2010. They are asking you this simply because as part of the policy you have to have a UK address, they do not want the policy used for 365 days away from UK a year, as in permanent.

Neither correct nor how it was explained to me. For the record, I am now happily insured via the Camping and Caravanning Club with Ageas.

Many insurers are moving away from a No Claims Discount or No Claims Bonus as it used to be called. The concept is mostly meaningless now as base rates are not generally published. Premiums are calculated by algorithms using numerous rating factors including your claim history. Insurers now share information about claims. When you leave an insurer, they will issue you with a statement to the effect that - when mr/mrs Smith joined us in 2009, they had 5 years no claims. They had a windscreen claim in 2016, a fault claim in 2017 and a hit whilst parked in 2019. Or ...joined us in 2019 with 6 years no claims. There have been no claims under our policy. Any new insurer will factor that information into their own algorithms to establish your risk profile and apply the appropriate premium.

Back