Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfort mattress vs Zonesleep

TimR

TimR

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi
Just wondering whether folks think that the VW Comfort Mattress is comfier/firmer/feel the gaps between seats than the Zonesleep on top of the regular parcel shelf mattress and seats? Space is at a premium so wouldn't want to go with both! Cheers

[RSVP=29035]Click here to RSVP[/RSVP]

Should probably add the Brandrup mattress in with that too..

Currently 'Zonesleep' VS 'Brandrup Ixtend' as the VW Comfort hard to get. Anyone tried both and able to offer a comparison?

I've tried the zonesleep and the duvalay 2.5cm topper. For me, neither is soft / thick enough. The zonesleep is very firm. Does introduce a nice layer of air below you. The duvalay is nice and soft but you can feel the bumps in the bed. Together you are getting there.
For their high cost, I'd seek out one of the 'small double' toppers from the high Street and ignore that it hasn't got the little cut out at the end.

• Clever Stuff
Reactions: jmf
I have Zonesleep Ultra and I am happy with it.

It's comfortable although slightly firm.

The zonesleep ultra is not as comfortable as my Thermarest Mondo King XXL though (which I have never used in the Van, but is comfy even on a cold concrete floor, which the zonesleep ultra wouldn't be although haven't tested)

I also have downstairs zonesleep ultra which goes straight on the mesh and seat base. Firstly I can feel no lumps and bumps.

I would say its quite firm especially when first laying on it, whether it softens or deforms once warmed up a little I dont know but after a short while Im used to it and find it very comfortable.

By comparison I find the the std VW upstairs comfortable so maybe easy to please.

If your against a firm mattress the ultra on its own probably isnt the way to go.

I was trying to get it done on a budget as had no mattress at all apart from the 3 seat bench got the £50 Argos kingsize memory foam 5cm topper (which wasnt comfy enough) so also got a Kingsize Silientnight 5cm impress memory foam mattress toppers which came to £100 so £150 all in. Very comfy, sure people may not like th space it takes up when rolled up, but super easy to make a bed and roll up in morning. I have a beach so wanted a king size and just cut the shape of the cali with sissors.
View attachment 42081 20190225_173057.jpg 20190225_173140.jpg
20190225_175428.jpg
20190225_175257.jpg

Cheers guys. Anyone use the ixtend "all-round" mattress with the pad?

I have a Cali SE and sleep down stairs. The issue for me is the hard ridge at hip level which is the top of the seat back when lowered. It can still be felt with just a zonesleep over the top and I am interested if the Ixtend would resolve this issue, being 6.5cm thick, I thought it might. I would then look to sell the zonesleep.

We bought ours with the comfort mattress and it certainly didn’t live up to its name! Then bought a zone sleep regular but that too isn’t that soft and, when used with the comfort mattress, is starting to take up a load of space. We then bought a duvalay which is the softest but on its own still not good enough. So now, having shelled out a fortune, we use the duvalay on top of the zone sleep with no comfort mattress so just straight onto the rear metal mesh shelf in the upper position. Really comfy and we get a better storage space underneath because of the upper position.
Worth saying though that there are loads of threads on here about which is the best solution and, like all beds in general, it’s such a personal thing so just handy to hear what everyone else has tried. If I were starting from scratch I’d prob look for a regular thick soft foam topper from Argos or dunelm to avoid the outlay. But after all that we’re really happy with ours now and in the scheme of the van cost I don’t regret the spend to make it our little haven!

^ that's the solution I've ended up with More by chance than plan. I roll them up as one on the parcel shelf and throw over the duvet and pillows.

Back