Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Topper Question- Does it go straight on the seats?

D

DDCook

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Just ordered our first Cali, a T6 Ocean. I am a little confused on the topper/mattress situation. It seems pretty clear we need a topper of some sorts, but it is not clear from the various discussions here whether these toppers go straight onto the seats, and smooth out the buckles and contours, or if they go on top of the VW comfort mattress (which we don't have). We've looked at Comfortz, Zonesleep, Dunelm & Ikea options.

We forgot to order a VW comfort mattress in our new van but we didn't have one before in earlier campers and didn't really miss it but it is a very personal/individual thing and some people cannot be without! They inevitably take up space which can be at a premium. We do however use a thick blanket instead and it folds up nicely when not in use. Why not try without and see how you get on?
The seats fold relatively flat and the buckles can be slid to the side quite easily so, in my opinion, a topper or indeed comfort mattress is not essential but is perhaps a luxury item.
Tom

Last edited:
I would agree with Tom with it being an ocean the seats lie flat we have never used a mattress on our previous SE's but if it was a three seater beach you would definitely need a mattress to lie on.

Back