Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortz memory or conventional foam

L

Legin

Guest User
Does anyone have experience of memory foam vs conventional foam in a mattress. I spoke to comfortz and they are happy to make with conventional foam if thats what I want. From what i have read it should be cooler. Im also thinking the deforming nature of memory foam migt not be for me but i have never tried one.

We have a comfortz mattress for downstairs and I find it incredibly comfortable, it is memory foam and better than our bed at home at least ofr me. That said I am quite happy with the regular upstairs mattress too.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
We found standard form too hard and no cooler to be honest.. Plus we have a double sleeping bag so not directly lying on the mattress.

I will be using a sleeping bag also. just trying to decide which foam. When you say standard foam is hard are you referring to the VW comfort mattress ?

Having had memory foam in that past I now have a standard hi density foam topper cut for me by local foam supplier. Cost £ 50. Which we are happy with. Memory foam would have been £80. Supplier called memory foam " good marketing" !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Interesting. What do you cover the foam with or is it as it comes

The problem with a regular sheet of foam is the folding up. The comfortz one like the VW one is sewn in sections so that it folds up neatly on the rear shelf.