Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

congratulations

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
@2020 freedom for finishing the Great South Run today, in a brilliant time I might add (Strava tells me everything) :D

Sadly I had to DNS pending heart tests but next year perhaps we meet on the starting line ...:)

Well done Trev

@2020 freedom for finishing the Great South Run today, in a brilliant time I might add (Strava tells me everything) :D

Sadly I had to DNS pending heart tests but next year perhaps we meet on the starting line ...:)

Well done Trev
Hi GJ
Thank you very much!
I somehow had no idea you were entering even though I had wondered (should have asked :rolleyes: ) Sorry you DNS I really hope all goes well with the tests. Would love to say hi sometime. I've run a little further in the past but never in a race so they have been slower. In my training for this I thought, 10 miles? 13.2 miles?...not much in it.
Now I know different, so nothing but admiration for the distances you have covered :thumb:thumb:thumb

Hi GJ
Thank you very much!
I somehow had no idea you were entering even though I had wondered (should have asked :rolleyes: ) Sorry you DNS I really hope all goes well with the tests. Would love to say hi sometime. I've run a little further in the past but never in a race so they have been slower. In my training for this I thought, 10 miles? 13.2 miles?...not much in it.
Now I know different, so nothing but admiration for the distances you have covered :thumb:thumb:thumb

I was doing two back to back, the Royal parks 1/2 on the 13th and GSR on the 20th but a Cardiologist, the fatality in the Cardiff 1/2 the week before and my family threatening to hide my shoes put it all on hold.

If you can do 10 mies then you can do 13.1. After doing 13.1 you think "Can I do two of these together?" and the answer is a resounding NO. However the thought never goes away so the next training run is 14, then 15., then 16 ..... and anything over 16 is only single figures away from 26.2 so why not? Then you do 20 and it's as good as in the bag.

A good run today Trev and about half a day quicker than I would have finished in.

@2020 freedom will you be doing it next year?

I put my 2020 early bird entry in 4 hours ago ...... :D

@2020 freedom will you be doing it next year?

I put my 2020 early bird entry in 4 hours ago ...... :D
I don't see why not!!
But I hate committing too early not least because I get a little obsessive about my training regime and stress everyone in the house out about what we can and can't do to fit around my running, so I enter late on these days. The only thing that changes that is when I know something I want to do sells out fast.

My immediate goals are to add some winter off road muddy challenges (CC6's is a free cross country league for clubs down here) to my club runs. (http://www.cc6.co.uk)
Being so much more tiring trudging through the mud, the combination will leave me in good stead for doing a 1/2 marathon before spring. I agree I'm probably ready but everything in reasonable distance is already fully booked. After that??? who knows.

I'm glad your family would hide your shoes ;)

I don't see why not!!
But I hate committing too early not least because I get a little obsessive about my training regime and stress everyone in the house out about what we can and can't do to fit around my running, so I enter late on these days. The only thing that changes that is when I know something I want to do sells out fast.

My immediate goals are to add some winter off road muddy challenges (CC6's is a free cross country league for clubs down here) to my club runs. (http://www.cc6.co.uk)
Being so much more tiring trudging through the mud, the combination will leave me in good stead for doing a 1/2 marathon before spring. I agree I'm probably ready but everything in reasonable distance is already fully booked. After that??? who knows.

I'm glad your family would hide your shoes ;)

What they didn't know is that I have an old pair of Brooks Ghost 9's in the van, something I keep in case of an impromptu opportunity to get on my toes.

Was wearing them half an hour ago, result on Strava in 10 minutes. :D

Funny....
But Naughty!!!!:Nailbiting

Oh and I do the same thing incidentally...LOL

Back