A comical solo trip to the South West – what I've been up to so far

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I know I shouldn’t have to say this, but I’m glad I’m not alone. Going to employ some of these tactics next time. Although I do just give a shrug most of the time.

Further amusing update. I just spent 15 minutes trying to put the awning away. I thought it was broken. Gutted. My heart was in my throat. It kept making weird clicking noises. Only after a while I realised where I was going wrong... I was winding it out rather than in!

Dear god. It’s a good job I’m going home tomorrow! Hahahaha
That script is rapidly turning into a Christmas Special.:bananadance2

SimonB

SimonB

Staff member
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Good Morning @CaliKate - I can't remember if anyone has mentioned the meet in Dorset in a couple of weeks, 27th to 29th of September. We have all done things in our Calis that aren't the correct way of doing it. All learned from our experiences and vowed not to do it again that way in future. At the Meets the big advantage is that people will generally admit their previous errors and also give you handy shortcuts to doing things. Most mistakes are not serious and nothing much goes wrong, but the correct way is often easier too.
If you all are free it would be lovely to see you and we could all share the comical stuff we have done over the years. There are still some spaces left.

Simon

Last edited:
CaliKate

CaliKate

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Good Morning @CaliKate - I can't remember if anyone has mentioned the meet in Dorset in a couple of weeks, 27th to 29th of September. We have all done things in our Calis that aren't the correct way of doing it. All learned from our experiences and vowed not to do it again that way in future. At the Meets the big advantage is that people will generally admit their previous errors and also give you handy shortcuts to doing things. Most mistakes are not serious and nothing much goes wrong, but the correct way is often easier too.
If you all are free it would be lovely to see you and we could all share the comical stuff we have done over the years. There are still some spaces left.

Simon
I absolutely wish I could be there. Alas, I'm travelling abroad later this month. I'll defo be up for something next time! Thanks Simon

CaliKate

CaliKate

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The saga continues... I'm managed to explode some mayonnaise all over myself just now. Thankfully, it only went on my clothes and not anywhere else.

I've also had a bottle of beer explode in the fridge, which is really annoying me as I've got it on Level 1 and it's still too cold. Bought a coolbox bag and some ice packs in the meantime, so that's helping somewhat but I've had to chuck a load of fresh food, sadly. I think I'm going to pack out the sides and bottom of the fridge with loads of ice packs next time and still use the coolbox bag. What a shame we spend all this money on the van and the darn fridge is too cold!?

And I'm quite proud of myself. I've emptied my first potty. LOL. All went well thankfully. It's good to know my clumsiness didn't result in any real drama there... Although I did manage to fill my water tank with non-drinking water... Going to empty that now and try again with the good stuff!

:eek: :D :headbang ;)

Nick.C

Nick.C

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The saga continues... I'm managed to explode some mayonnaise all over myself just now. Thankfully, it only went on my clothes and not anywhere else.

I've also had a bottle of beer explode in the fridge, which is really annoying me as I've got it on Level 1 and it's still too cold. Bought a coolbox bag and some ice packs in the meantime, so that's helping somewhat but I've had to chuck a load of fresh food, sadly. I think I'm going to pack out the sides and bottom of the fridge with loads of ice packs next time and still use the coolbox bag. What a shame we spend all this money on the van and the darn fridge is too cold!?

And I'm quite proud of myself. I've emptied my first potty. LOL. All went well thankfully. It's good to know my clumsiness didn't result in any real drama there... Although I did manage to fill my water tank with non-drinking water... Going to empty that now and try again with the good stuff!

:eek: :D :headbang ;)
I don’t think your fridge should be freezing food on setting 1. Ours seems fine on 3 or even 4. Might be worth asking the dealer to check it out

CaliKate

CaliKate

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I don’t think your fridge should be freezing food on setting 1. Ours seems fine on 3 or even 4. Might be worth asking the dealer to check it out
Nope, I don't think it should be either. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks, Nick!

Alform

Alform

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just a thought the fridge temp..

Is the lid fully down ? I had an issue where i thought it was closed then realised it had not "clicked" down to form a tight seal.

CaliKate

CaliKate

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
ok, so fridge is definitely closed. Got a load of ice at the back of the fridge. Like a big thick wedge of ice. That’s not right on level one is it!?

Back home tomorrow so I’ll defrost it! And see what happens.

Thanks kurienp! I really am loving this!

CaliKate

CaliKate

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Further update: I’m enjoying my last evening in the van, solo. Earlier today, I managed to bang my head on the roof and now have a spectacular red lump.

I also leant forward from the seat whilst cooking, putting my head under the table to reach the cupboard and I fell in a heap under the table and got stuck. Haha!

I spent six hours driving today as well! So shattered. Back home to Manchester tomorrow. Night all!

Nick.C

Nick.C

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Further update: I’m enjoying my last evening in the van, solo. Earlier today, I managed to bang my head on the roof and now have a spectacular red lump.

I also leant forward from the seat whilst cooking, putting my head under the table to reach the cupboard and I fell in a heap under the table and got stuck. Haha!

I spent six hours driving today as well! So shattered. Back home to Manchester tomorrow. Night all!
Now you know why the roof/top bed is better up!! I could just do with the side door opening being a bit taller - that seems to be my nemesis :)

T

Tandt

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Cali's always get a lot of attention, most of it positive I find, but there can be some crass people out there: normally living in a big white thing powered, or should I say underpowered, by a vintage looking, wheezing, smoking fiat ducato.

As for the gender stereotyper..... my worst was "does hubby let you off the lead often?"......to which my reply, consisting of concentrated wrath of Jen, I'm sure his ears are still ringing with ..... something about "I don't have a hubby, I don't have a lead, I do have a brain which I normally employ before speaking and shouldn't you be off now getting the dishes washed?" , said in a manner that I used to reserve for my most intractably juvenile students who needed reminding that I was boss of the lecture hall, not them.
When a friend and I were looking at new very expensive motorhomes one of the salesmen asked us how much our husbands had given us to spend!

HTML