Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet 2023 - SLIMBRIDGE California Club Meet Fri 22nd - Sun 24th September

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Friday 22-09-2023
Event end date: Sunday 24-09-2023
Registration ends: Friday 22-09-2023
Maximum: 50
Username Guest count Note
Mr T Mr T 1  
TheDoc TheDoc 3  
Calimagg Calimagg 2  
D Denise Davies 2 Our first rally
GlennR GlennR 2  
Saesneg Shaun Saesneg Shaun 2 + Dog
A alison 1  
Keith Smith Keith Smith 2 +Jess
Ting Tong Ting Tong 2  
Loz2286 Loz2286 2 plus two Miniature Schnauzer pups
H Hamish S 1  
GillianC GillianC 1 Plus Bryn the pooch.
John Coonan John Coonan 2 Our first rally
Jabberwocky Jabberwocky 2  
blakeley blakeley 1  
colinmurray colinmurray 2  
Mr T

Mr T

Chris
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Back by popular demand! California Club meet at Tudor Park Slimbridge, Gloucestershire

I have booked Fri 22nd-Sun 24th of September at Tudor Park in the Rally field, as usual.
The price will be £46 for the 2 nights.
(£23per unit per night. Minimum stay 2 nights.) If you wish to stay any additional nights beyond the Friday & Saturday you can book additional nights at this discounted rate. Please do not arrive before the 12pm check-in time on the Friday.
All bookings must mention the California Club to get the discount which will then be applied. Bookings must be made over the phone 01453 890483 as the on-line booking system is not so flexible.
Please note this is an informal meet, a chance to catch up with other Club members and discuss experiences and perhaps travel tips and advice, along with having a little nose around other peoples vans!

The location will be at the Tudor Caravan Park, Shepherds Patch, Slimbridge, GL2 7BP in the same place as previous years.

It is next to the Sharpness Canal which gives the possibility of long flat cycle rides or walks to nearby villages. Frampton on Severn if you go Northwards or Purton & Sharpness to the South. Their website is http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com/

There is no direct access from the field to the canal so the site is safe for children.
It is also only ½ a mile from the Slimbridge wetland wildlife reserve.

The site is level and there are no hook-up points on this field. There are some on the adjacent fields on the site, but you will then not be with the main group.
The campsite has given us up to 40 places on the Rally field, we have the canal side of the field
Should visitors wish to stay on an EHU pitch they are not covered by the Rally discount and will pay full price as per prices published on the website, please be aware these pitches are NOT on the rally field but are within a short distance of it.

To get there:-

From the North, come down the M5 and take exit 13 for Stroud then turn right to A38 South and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the South, take exit 14 from M5 & then A38 North and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the East, take exit 18 from the M4 and follow the A46 to Stroud. Then follow signs towards the M5 and take the A38 southwards.

Please try to avoid arriving at school finishing time, 14.45-15.45, there is a primary school very close by & the roads are very narrow around here with few passing spaces.
At the roundabout on the A38 brown tourist signs direct you to the WWT & Tudor Caravan Park which is just before the canal bridge. Pub on the left, drive through the pub car park and reception is on your right.

Could you please add a note to this thread when you book so we can keep a track of numbers please.

See you there I hope
Chris

IMG_8620.jpgIMG_8616.JPGIMG_8612.jpgIMG_8606.jpg

I won’t force you to sit in a big circle this year, I promise [fingers crossed behind back] ;)

Shame it clashes with Run the Ring, I do like the site and the great company

Ah, gutted - we will be away for this one. For those who have not been before - lovely site, good pub, nice walks along the canal and great company. Five stars, would recommend.

Ah, gutted - we will be away for this one. For those who have not been before - lovely site, good pub, nice walks along the canal and great company. Five stars, would recommend.
Thanks Matt, shame you can’t make it, you will be missed

Hi Chris
All done on Guest list
Many thanks for organising again this year
Glenn and Joy

I will get this booked up tomorrow.
Missed last year due to illness so will be good to make it this time

If someone is booking this then please can they book 2 nights for us as well please. We’re in China atm until the week before and we can’t make outgoing landline calls to the UK. I’m desperate to get away in the van. If you pm me I’ll transfer the money and provide our details. Cheers

EDIT: After a few emails, they gave me their bank details and paid that way without phoning.

Atwools camping is just up the road from the M5 junction and is well stocked with camping stuff if you need anything.

Last edited:
Back by popular demand! California Club meet at Tudor Park Slimbridge, Gloucestershire

I have booked Fri 22nd-Sun 24th of September at Tudor Park in the Rally field, as usual.
The price will be £46 for the 2 nights.
(£23per unit per night. Minimum stay 2 nights.) If you wish to stay any additional nights beyond the Friday & Saturday you can book additional nights at this discounted rate. Please do not arrive before the 12pm check-in time on the Friday.
All bookings must mention the California Club to get the discount which will then be applied. Bookings must be made over the phone 01453 890483 as the on-line booking system is not so flexible.
Please note this is an informal meet, a chance to catch up with other Club members and discuss experiences and perhaps travel tips and advice, along with having a little nose around other peoples vans!

The location will be at the Tudor Caravan Park, Shepherds Patch, Slimbridge, GL2 7BP in the same place as previous years.

It is next to the Sharpness Canal which gives the possibility of long flat cycle rides or walks to nearby villages. Frampton on Severn if you go Northwards or Purton & Sharpness to the South. Their website is http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com/

There is no direct access from the field to the canal so the site is safe for children.
It is also only ½ a mile from the Slimbridge wetland wildlife reserve.

The site is level and there are no hook-up points on this field. There are some on the adjacent fields on the site, but you will then not be with the main group.
The campsite has given us up to 40 places on the Rally field, we have the canal side of the field
Should visitors wish to stay on an EHU pitch they are not covered by the Rally discount and will pay full price as per prices published on the website, please be aware these pitches are NOT on the rally field but are within a short distance of it.

To get there:-

From the North, come down the M5 and take exit 13 for Stroud then turn right to A38 South and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the South, take exit 14 from M5 & then A38 North and follow signs to WWT Slimbridge.

From the East, take exit 18 from the M4 and follow the A46 to Stroud. Then follow signs towards the M5 and take the A38 southwards.

Please try to avoid arriving at school finishing time, 14.45-15.45, there is a primary school very close by & the roads are very narrow around here with few passing spaces.
At the roundabout on the A38 brown tourist signs direct you to the WWT & Tudor Caravan Park which is just before the canal bridge. Pub on the left, drive through the pub car park and reception is on your right.

Could you please add a note to this thread when you book so we can keep a track of numbers please.

See you there I hope
Chris

View attachment 110499View attachment 110500View attachment 110501View attachment 110503
All booked in. See you there.

If someone is booking this then please can they book 2 nights for us as well please. We’re in China atm until the week before and we can’t make outgoing landline calls to the UK. I’m desperate to get away in the van. If you pm me I’ll transfer the money and provide our details. Cheers

EDIT: After a few emails, they gave me their bank details and paid that way without phoning.

Atwools camping is just up the road from the M5 junction and is well stocked with camping stuff if you need anything.
Glad you’ve got sorted! See you there, safe travels back to the UK when the time comes.

I shall be there circles or not..........