Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control panel failure

Calicrew

Calicrew

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Help! We are currently set up at a campsite with the pop top up and the control panel button has failed. Will not scroll through menu etc. So just wondering how on earth we put the roof down to drive away tomorrow? Any advice please?

Its in the manual how to get it down manually but involves taking the panel out I believe, no doubt someone better informed may be able to help with more detail or a reset for the panel

Help! We are currently set up at a campsite with the pop top up and the control panel button has failed. Will not scroll through menu etc. So just wondering how on earth we put the roof down to drive away tomorrow? Any advice please?
The Roof can be lowered manually.
Procedure in Handbook.
Pictures etc: here -

Have you tried pushing and turning the button ? It is probaly broken inside ...most times caused by hitting against it with head or shoulder when moving from the front seat to the rear.

Thanks for the help so far, if I ordered the replacement button from the club does anyone know if they give the option of a Saturday delivery? Then I'll have the stress of trying to fit it ......

If the switch is broken can you turn the fitting with a pair of plyers

Thanks for the help so far, if I ordered the replacement button from the club does anyone know if they give the option of a Saturday delivery? Then I'll have the stress of trying to fit it ......
They offer Express Delivery, within 2 days. Best to phone them as it’s a small item.
If you go on the Shop site they have an Online Web chat facility.

Update, part ordered via shop for next day (today)
at more expense.
We are in mid Cornwall on a mini break does anyone have any recommendations or knowledge of fitting the button please.

Update, part ordered via shop for next day (today)
at more expense.
We are in mid Cornwall on a mini break does anyone have any recommendations or knowledge of fitting the button please.
There's a couple of guides in the 'Resources' section, in grey grey menu above, I've linked one here -