Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel switches itself off

B

bulliman

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,
At first glance my Control Panel seems to work ok - I can switch it on and start the fridge for example.
But then occasionally I will notice that the fridge light has gone out and when I press the I/O button I get the VW startup screen. In other words, it's not just the fridge that has turned off but the whole control panel. This is not a problem during the day when I can keep my eye on it. But so far, I have not managed to get through a night without the problem occurring, which is pain when you wake in the morning to find all your fridge contents have warmed up.
Many thanks for any shared experiences and possible fixes, although I'm afraid I can guess where this might be heading.
Andy

Hi,
At first glance my Control Panel seems to work ok - I can switch it on and start the fridge for example.
But then occasionally I will notice that the fridge light has gone out and when I press the I/O button I get the VW startup screen. In other words, it's not just the fridge that has turned off but the whole control panel. This is not a problem during the day when I can keep my eye on it. But so far, I have not managed to get through a night without the problem occurring, which is pain when you wake in the morning to find all your fridge contents have warmed up.
Many thanks for any shared experiences and possible fixes, although I'm afraid I can guess where this might be heading.
Andy
What voltage is the Panel showing?

What voltage is the Panel showing?
Sorry, yes I forgot to mention that. I didn't note the voltage when the problem last happened but the battery level was at 50%. At the moment the panel is showing 12.2v and 70%.

Sorry, yes I forgot to mention that. I didn't note the voltage when the problem last happened but the battery level was at 50%. At the moment the panel is showing 12.2v and 70%.
Ignore the % reading , it is just a calculation based on current consumption. The voltage is more important and is accurate.
The fridge will switch off if the voltage drops to 11.5v .
SoC-AGM.jpg
Charge the Leisure Batteries for 24 hrs.
Also check the 75amp cube fuse on the red +the pole on the rear leisure battery under the rear wardrobe.

Check for a loose connection of the 5A fuse to the control panel under the seat, it can also be a sign of a poor earth connection at the shunt.
I just fixed one recently with these symptoms.

Last edited:
Ignore the % reading , it is just a calculation based on current consumption. The voltage is more important and is accurate.
The fridge will switch off if the voltage drops to 11.5v .
View attachment 85165
Charge the Leisure Batteries for 24 hrs.
Also check the 75amp cube fuse on the red +the pole on the rear leisure battery under the rear wardrobe.
Wow, there's another nugget! Thanks for that, now the numbers make more sense and I know what I'm looking at.

Check for a loose connection of the 5A fuse to the control panel under the seat, it can also be a singe of a poor earth connection at the shunt.
I just fixed one recently with these symptoms.
Thanks for the tip, it would explain the apparent random reset. I'll check them out.

Many thanks to both of you.

Back