Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CONTROL PANEL WITH NO VOLTAGE JUST DASHES.

E

El_rollo77

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi everyone,

I am the Owner of a t4 California beach 1997 for 4 years now and last weekend i came accross voltage display issue on my control panel. Perfec timing as we are planning a 2 weeks road trip next weekend . Love it

So here is the story: I was parked, using the leasure battery for 12h, fridge and all the rest were working perfectly and 12.5V was displayed with approx. 40% battery used.

I tried to pull some water from the tab and realised it's not working. I Checked the panel again and the display didn't show any voltage and the battery was blinking.

Nothing could work at the back except the lights.

I have replaced all the fuses behind the driver seat, tried with a new battery and its still the same. When i start the engine (leasure battery connected or not), I still don't have voltage appearing on the display.

Anyone with some ideas where it can come from or ever had the same problem!

Thanks for your advices.

Roland

20240624_160412.jpg

20240624_160513.jpg

Ok I don’t think you’ll see anything without the leisure battery in the circuit.

You say you changed the battery for a new one? Was this a NEW one or just a different one?

I’ve just had identical issues and a brand new battery cured it.

Ok I don’t think you’ll see anything without the leisure battery in the circuit.

You say you changed the battery for a new one? Was this a NEW one or just a different one?

I’ve just had identical issues and a brand new battery cured it.
It's sorted it.
It was not coming from the battery but from the water pump and had it replace it and put a new fuse on.
My first mistake was that I had some dead fuses mixed with the good ones in the box.
So when I tried to change the water pump fuse, I replaced it (3 times) with a dead one.
As soon as a new fuse was in, the voltage appeared again.
However, everytime i was activating the tap it was blowing the fuse. I bought a new pump, a set of new 5A fuses and we have been on a road trip for 7 days now with fridge, water, lights,.... everything running sweet.

Back