Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California (2000 MY) control panel woes!

StevenP

StevenP

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi has anyone got any experience of the overhead control panel ceasing to display leisure batt voltage? Mine has worked fine although I don’t have the bar chart section since replacing a burnt out charger with a Victron, but suddenly stopped, and now wont allow the fridge or heater to be switched on as it thinks the battery is dead (it isn’t ) - any ideas? Thanks Steve

PS any contacts in the trade for Cali electrics also much appreciated in case I need a pro!

Hi has anyone got any experience of the overhead control panel ceasing to display leisure batt voltage? Mine has worked fine although I don’t have the bar chart section since replacing a burnt out charger with a Victron, but suddenly stopped, and now wont allow the fridge or heater to be switched on as it thinks the battery is dead (it isn’t ) - any ideas? Thanks Steve

PS any contacts in the trade for Cali electrics also much appreciated in case I need a pro!
Have you checked the Fuses for the power supply to the Control Panel?

Hi and thanks for the reply. There seems to be a fuse behind the drivers seat which feeds the controller, and when I remove it the panel goes dead, comes on again when fuse refitted. However I did see a post somewhere that suggested replacing fuses with new in case of dodgy fuse issue?
Is there another fuse somewhere else I should check? Thanks

Have you checked the Fuses for the power supply to the Control Panel?
Just to clarify my control seems to be working except for displaying battery voltage which just shows dashes where the voltage should display. Also the battery symbol flashes constantly,

Just to clarify my control seems to be working except for displaying battery voltage which just shows dashes where the voltage should display. Also the battery symbol flashes constantly,
There are normally a number of fuses , some on the circuits monitored/controlled by the Control Panel and fuses that actually power the Control Panel normally from the engine battery.
On later vehicles Leisure Battery fuses are normally under the passenger seat , engine battery fuses centre dashboard /drivers seat.

There are normally a number of fuses , some on the circuits monitored/controlled by the Control Panel and fuses that actually power the Control Panel normally from the engine battery.
On later vehicles Leisure Battery fuses are normally under the passenger seat , engine battery fuses centre dashboard /drivers seat.
Thanks - I don’t think there are any fuses under seats - this is a 2000 model if that helps. There is a small vertical fuse box behind the driver with about 6 fuses for leisure equipment but they all seem ok

Mine did this the other day, just flicked the main RCD on and off and all good again (this was when plugged into EHU)

Back