Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

control panel

A

aileen

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hello all you helpful Cali owners. Just last week I got my Cali back from the panel beaters after loads of work to rebuild it following a ramming by an Italian driver last summer. Everything was removed of course and now the control panel doesn’t show battery level or light up unless engine turned off. Several things are flashing that never flashed before like water, waste water, outside temp etc. Any suggestions how I can return it to previous state? I never did fill up water as don’t use sink. Another issue is that automatic door won’t open/close unless engine is turned on. Thanks for any advice. The Cali was written off but couldn’t find another for insurance payment so decided to try to get it fixed
Thanks Aileen in Ireland

Hello all you helpful Cali owners. Just last week I got my Cali back from the panel beaters after loads of work to rebuild it following a ramming by an Italian driver last summer. Everything was removed of course and now the control panel doesn’t show battery level or light up unless engine turned off. Several things are flashing that never flashed before like water, waste water, outside temp etc. Any suggestions how I can return it to previous state? I never did fill up water as don’t use sink. Another issue is that automatic door won’t open/close unless engine is turned on. Thanks for any advice. The Cali was written off but couldn’t find another for insurance payment so decided to try to get it fixed
Thanks Aileen in Ireland
Are all Leisure and Engine battery full charged?

I know you have stated you have a California but could you be a little more specific by either filling in the vehicle selection on you Profile or letting us know in a post?
Is it a T4/5/5.1/or 6. How many miles and how many years?

Was the control panel on while disconnecting the leisure batteries?
Have you tried to reset the panel? Shut it down completely and restart?

Are all Leisure and Engine battery full charged?

I know you have stated you have a California but could you be a little more specific by either filling in the vehicle selection on you Profile or letting us know in a post?
Is it a T4/5/5.1/or 6. How many miles and how many years?
Thanks for answering. Sorry I didn’t say that my Cali is a T5. 78000 Kms. 2013 model

Was the control panel on while disconnecting the leisure batteries?
Have you tried to reset the panel? Shut it down completely and restart?

I have no idea if the control panel was on while it was in several workshops. I’ll go and read how to shut down and restart panel. Thank you

I have no idea if the control panel was on while it was in several workshops. I’ll go and read how to shut down and restart panel. Thank you
Try this.

For those of you who don't know, if you ever get any problems with roof stuck or any other error say with the heater or fridge, you are able to access the hidden menu in your control panel as used by the VW Engineers.

Access as follows:

1. Hold down the centre of the rotary button together with the menu button (button below with the squares on it)

2. You will get the hidden menu.

3. Rotate the rotary button to get to "VW diagnose" and select this by pressing on the centre of the rotary button.

4. If no errors are present it will display "no errors"

5. If Errors are present then a list of errors will appear

6. Press the centre of the rotary button again to delete all the errors

7. Repeat process above just to check that errors have dissapeared!

8. Re-configure the time and date if neccesary.

Any problems should be resolved assuming these are Electronic and not Mechanical.

Error Codes from Control Panel.

1 = 1 = Pop-up roof

2 = 2 = Plumbing Heating

3 = 3 = Cool box Cooler

4 = 4 = Sewage wastewater

5 = 5 = Fresh water

6 = 6 = Outside temperature

7 = 7 = Battery

Error Code Defect Fault

1010 1010 Short-circuit to (earth) roof

1001 1001 Fuse / short circuit to (plus+) roof

1100 1100 Short-circuit output Roof "on"

1101 1101 Fuse roof "to"

1110 1110 Short-circuit output Roof "to"

1111 1111 Fuse starting Roof "to"

2100 2100 Short-circuit output heating on / off

2101 2101 Fuse output heating on / off

2001 2001 Interrupt input heating 30

3100 3100 Short-circuit output coolbox

3101 3101 Fuse interrupt output coolbox

3001 3001-J698-cooler input error "Active"

3010 3010 Short-circuit input icebox "actual temperature"

3011 3011 Interrupt or fuse input icebox "actual temperature"

4000 4000 Short-circuit to ground water level sensor

4001 4001 Fuse circuit to plus water level sensor failure

5000 5000 Short-circuit to ground water level sensor

5001 5001 Short circuit to plus water level sensor failure

6000 6000 Short-circuit to ground temperature sensor or for outdoor temperature

6001 6001 Fuse / short circuit to plus two temperature sensors for outside temperature

7001 7001 interrupt input interrupt input D +

Again thanks for your detailed response. I’m feeling rather stupid and sorry to bother you again but I just cannot see the menu button with the squares on it
43FAB2C9-426C-47C1-B5E5-8C632565D386.jpeg

It's the button with the return arrow.

BTW I like your solution for the faulty rotary knob :thumb

Thanks very much. I’ll try that in the morning. Cold and windy outside. Hope that fixes it.
yes the knob was faulty and a whiz of an engineer met at camping site near Lisbon put this on. Works great. Now hope that I can reset controls so no more flashing
I tried to reach the hidden menu today as you suggested but pushing the knobs only took me to settings so couldn’t reset. Don’t see how to reach hidden menu. Thanks for trying to help me

I still can’t reach hidden menu. When I press centre knob and the one with arrow it goes to “back”. the control illumination only comes on by pressing the 1/0 on left. Still flashing on display
Anyone know another way to reach hidden menu?

I still can’t reach hidden menu. When I press centre knob and the one with arrow it goes to “back”. the control illumination only comes on by pressing the 1/0 on left. Still flashing on display
Anyone know another way to reach hidden menu?
You are pressing and holding both buttons simultaneously?

Today the water sign was flashing, so held the reset button (arrow button bottom of the knob) for I think 5 seconds and this put it back to normal

Unfortunately that didn’t work either when pressed single or simultaneously with control knob. Thanks for letting me know. Control panel doesn’t light up when I start van either so have to press 1/0 button to see display

Back