Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control Panel

Reluctantly I am having it replaced.

This is the link to the saga all to do with a broken rotary knob

http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1174

Got to say not at all impressed with VW. My local dealer is contributing 10% (didn't buy the van from them) so VW are matching that. They also say the control panel doesn't have any significant faults and isn't a major part of the van! Try telling that to everyone on here who has had one fault or another with it or been stuck unable to lower the roof.

Martin

I'm not connected with them (except as a very satisfied customer) but I'd have a word with Volksvans before spending big money. His facebook page is saying they can fix the knobs and I'm sure he could help on the pixel problems too.

Freeley said:
As of last weekend the lines have spread all the way up the display panel and is barely readable now. Looks like a call to my dealer is in order and a year out of warranty too :cry:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Had the same problem with my 2008 also out of warranty, dealer fixed at full price

Going back to the original point, our facelift 2010 control panel background illumination did not turn off so we too resorted to hanging something over it at night.

We have just had our control panel replaced under warranty and the new one dims after 10 seconds or so.

Original unit part number 7E7 906 453 A

Replacement part number 7E7 906 453 C

OK control panel now completely unreadable. Will have to bite the bullet and go for a replacement unit - out of warranty of course.

To anyone who sees small lines on the display unit and is still under warranty - do not hesitate - get it replaced - it is a creeping fault with no looking back. Those who hope it will go away due to temperature changes - no such luck....

Just moved the van and now all I can see is the middle section of the display!!! I have memorised the process to select the roof operation should it completely fail when the roof is up!

So I now have an auxiliary heater that doesn't work and a control panel that needs replacing! What next?!

And it's raining again! Is it too early for a glass of wine? [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Barryjm said:
Just moved the van and now all I can see is the middle section of the display!!! I have memorised the process to select the roof operation should it completely fail when the roof is up!

So I now have an auxiliary heater that doesn't work and a control panel that needs replacing! What next?!

And it's raining again! Is it too early for a glass of wine? [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

My only advice would be: buy a second hand Control Panel with broken knob. probably the display will be ok. Assembly one fully functional panel from 2 different faults.
Regards
Andrzej

Thanks Andrzej,

I have been looking but nothing appears on eBay! If only VW would make the ones with a broken knob available!

You have to save the ebay search on the part number, with email notifications. These panels do show occasionally on ebay.com and ebay.de.

Andresz said:
You have to save the ebay search on the part number, with email notifications. These panels do show occasionally on ebay.com and ebay.de.

do you have the part number please?

johntowers46 said:
Andresz said:

do you have the part number please?

You can find part numbers earlier in this topic. But the best is to remove the panel and take the number directly from it. Because there are several variants of the panel. Then make the ebay searches save for the number with and without spaces (2 separate searches), including the item description...

Back