Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cooking assistance in Beach

Hi @Max-Felix

Thanks for that --- I'm trying to find alternative to the cartridge cookers for compatibility with my hiking/climbing/mountaineering stuff and not wanting to carry multiple types of fuel canister.....something like a cartridge cooker but running on the screw in gas cartridges is what I think would be ideal....

Hey, bringing this tasty thread back to life :)
I'm thinking of buying the Campingaz Bistro 2 stove. I found a lot of brands making essentially the same design as the Bistro. Some of them seem to have the benefit of being able to remove the top for cleaning, which I believe is not possible with the Bistro? Should I be worried about quality or is it 1 chinese factory producing the same product for 30 brands? ;-)

Also what do you guys think of these smaller-sized models?
Would they by any chance fit in the box under my Beach bench?

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01CEKCNU8/

I'm a fan of these generally. Just be careful not to use too large a pan that deflects the heat back onto the cartridge area.
The protection of the cartridge is the weak point of the cheaper copies but perhaps is still a risk on the better brands.

I take lots of interesting bread, tins of sardines, jars of red peppers, spicy sauces, olives and use couscous as a base that can be heated just with boiling water. Waitrose do a Tangy and aromatic lemon garlic couscous. Instructions are put in saucepan and bring to biol but I just pour boiling water over it in a lidded container. I also use an induction hot on the table, OK in and out. Then I always go where I can get a electric hock up. One pan with a lid is enough to reheat things in. Have fun trying out things. I agree must have a tea pot. Also a thermos is useful as you put hot water in it before bed or going out then it is quick to reheat.

Back