Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cornish Gems

A

Anonymous

Guest User
We're looking to take a holiday in Vern (our Cali) during July. We're fans of Cornwall but always seem to stay in the same area near Padstow. We love it there as we can cycle the Camel Trail, surf Watergate bay, walk into Padstow and buy fresh fish and go to the pub, walk the coast paths. So where would you recommend that we might like based on those interests?

We also love to stay at Croyde in Devon.

Cheers,

Nic.

Watergate bay, Perranporth are all my usual spots without a cali, but all should be accessible, as have big car parks.

On the south coast, where Sea Kayaking cornwall are based, is a large field close to Maenporth.
http://www.seakayakingcornwall.com/
Tregedna Farm
The best accommodation to suit our location and courses is the Tregedna Farm self catering Bunkhouse. It has a good social feel when a few people from the course are in the one location. However if you don’t have transport and want to be in the town this is probably not the right choice. There is also camping on site if you would prefer. Maenporth, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 5HL

We were thinking of Jersey and got quotes for the summer half term, but think it may be a bit too much of a trek with a 3 month old, dog and 2 other children, so will probably visit cornwall again and see a little more than we have done before....

Also interested in other ideas, I was thinking that we should do the welsh coast, so any ideas of where to stay would be good.

Hope you got my message Nic?

As mentioned, Treen on S Coast, Trevedra Farm nr Sennen, Gwithian are all lovely campsites.

Stayed in that Maenporth place (at a stag do) and what I remember of it was good. Nice toilets for throwing up into after waaay too many zambucas too... :oops: :headwall

KernowLad said:
Hope you got my message Nic?

As mentioned, Treen on S Coast, Trevedra Farm nr Sennen, Gwithian are all lovely campsites.

Stayed in that Maenporth place (at a stag do) and what I remember of it was good. Nice toilets for throwing up into after waaay too many zambucas too... :oops: :headwall

Where is the like button when you need it? Zambucas of the black variety are a favourite of mine when it's just got to be shots.

Was supposed to have been going to Treen at Easter but had to work :boohoo
That's twice it's happened with Treen now, must be fate.

Heligan Park near Mevagissey is one of my favourites - it's on the doorstep of the lost gardens of heligan which are well worth a visit and the farm shop there is superb, we got some ribs for the bbq from there last summer which were to die for!

Mevagissey is lovely too, a typical cornish fishing village accessed by a nice path away from the main road. You'll need a torch if you go there in the evening though.