Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Creaking Door hinge

D

DannyB

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
HI, I just wondered if anyone could tell me the correct lubricant to use on the front door hinges of my T5.1 California? I've tried white grease which is what I thought should be used. It seems it goes brown and runs down the door after a while and doesn't really stop it creaking. I read somewhere not to lubricate the hinges so I cleaned them all up but the creak has come back as bad as ever. Bit confused on what the best practice is. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

HI, I just wondered if anyone could tell me the correct lubricant to use on the front door hinges of my T5.1 California? I've tried white grease which is what I thought should be used. It seems it goes brown and runs down the door after a while and doesn't really stop it creaking. I read somewhere not to lubricate the hinges so I cleaned them all up but the creak has come back as bad as ever. Bit confused on what the best practice is. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
I tend to use silicon spray. Check that the roller on the spring mechanism is free to rotate as the door opens and closes,

Ok thanks I’ll perhaps try the silicone. I’ve checked the roller and it seems to be moving freely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back