Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric sliding door Solution.

G

Gonggong

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi
I had this annoying bouncing back fault from the drivers side electric sliding door where it would open fine but then upon closing it would travel a third of the way and then reopen.
After spending hours researching forums, you tube etc I started replacing items.
Fit new bottom roller,
Fit new pinch sensor switch and wiring,
Fit new transponder,
Cleaned rails and used silicon lubricant,
Tried altering the hinges,
Tried swaping the modulator from the passenger side,
Took off the middle hinge cover and cleaned and inspected the pulleys etc,
Basically I tried everything only to have this intermittent fault Continue.
As a last resort I made a brass bush which I fitted to the end of one of the cable sleeves located behind the centre sliding hinge cover ( which is a nightmare to remove and you will break most of the clips getting it off) . This extended the sleeve which the cable runs through and so tightened the cable by about 15mm . The cables and pulleys are designed to have an amount of play in them which is controlled by a spring in the pulleys. I think the problem people are having with these doors is that the cables stretch and cause the bouncing of the door which in turn causes the problem.
Since fitting this bush ( touch wood ) I have not had any further issues and the door works perfectly.
I hope this helps other people with the same problem as I was pulling my hair out, especially when numerous posts on here were saying even the VW garages couldn’t sort the problem.
Thanks

Hi
Sadly I never took any photos, I made the bush/spacer out of a plumbing fitting.
A 10mm by 15mm internal brass reducer, the sort that comes with radiator valves to fit the 15mm valve to 10mm pipe. Took the reducer and cut it twice with a hacksaw length ways to take a small section out so the cable would locate in it. pull the cable sheath out where it locates nearest the door opening and slide on the reducer ,the end should fit nicely on the sheath allowing the cable to still move freely but taking up about 10/15 mm of slack out of the cable.
hope this helps.
Thanks

Hi,

Can I ask, is this the type of fitting you used?Screenshot_20230318-140816.png

Thanks,
Mark