Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Custom build - 2020 Westfalia Club Joker 4Motion - Offroad build thread

Webbah_in_Switzerland

Webbah_in_Switzerland

Vehicle
T6.1 Westafalia club joker
Hello everyone,

I thought I'd start a separate thread on a custom offroad build I'm doing for a 2020 Westfalia Club Joker 4Motion. I bought this slightly used with 16,000 Km's and should be taking delivery the week of June 13, 2022. This has been a dream of mine for some years now and I finally pulled the trigger after finding this one available in the color I wanted, Starlight Blue.

First up, here are the photos of the "stock" van I purchased as a baseline prior to doing any offroad modifications:
IMG_2177.jpegIMG_2180.jpegIMG_2178.jpegIMG_2179.jpeg

To be installed:

- Goldschmidt OmniRoad Air Suspension with +35mm lift
- Hess underbody protection motor and differential
- Lazer LED's in front grill integrated with CAN bus and high beams
- Victron 2000 Inverter, 170w solar, 200AH Lithium batteries with all original AC outlets wired to inverter
- 5G router with antenna boost

Can you post some pics of the solar on the roof once you have it, just want to have a nose at the frame they have made.
Get my panel on Monday.
Sure thing! Hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Thursday at the latest.

It looks awesome! Are you doing this mainly for the look or because you're planning trips where off-road capabilities are a must?

It looks awesome! Are you doing this mainly for the look or because you're planning trips where off-road capabilities are a must?
Primarily for the capabilities as my friends and I enjoy going to remote surf spots in Portugal and Spain which requires off-road. But for the high roof joker it also balances out the look with bigger wheels in my opinion.

We'll be heading up to the Furka pass on the weekend of the 18th as it reopens and there is a super cool mild offroad path that is at the top with the alpine farmers. I have another post on that if anyone from Switzerland wants to join! It's only a dirt road so nothing serious.

Can you post some pics of the solar on the roof once you have it, just want to have a nose at the frame they have made.
Get my panel on Monday.
Hi my friend,

I think I saw a post from you about mounting your solar and desiring to have it angle towards the sun when desired. Perhaps this is of interest to you?

Hi my friend,

I think I saw a post from you about mounting your solar and desiring to have it angle towards the sun when desired. Perhaps this is of interest to you?

Thanks
I have a 2mm Solbian panel for roof so going to be very low profile.
I was just having a little joke with the other guy as he said my joker solar would work better being higher (closer to the sun!).
I’ve got a portable 100w I use now to chase the sun if needed.

Thanks
I have a 2mm Solbian panel for roof so going to be very low profile.
I was just having a little joke with the other guy as he said my joker solar would work better being higher (closer to the sun!).
I’ve got a portable 100w I use now to chase the sun if needed.
You obviously took the sun with you this morning ……. Just got soaked at Longbeech! Good to catch up again and thanks for the Joker tips…. One question from the boss/catering manager, when standing at the hob/sink are they higher or lower or the same as the Cali?

You obviously took the sun with you this morning ……. Just got soaked at Longbeech! Good to catch up again and thanks for the Joker tips…. One question from the boss/catering manager, when standing at the hob/sink are they higher or lower or the same as the Cali?
I’ll pm you:thumb

So did you get van?
Yes I sure did! I've been out and about testing it locally in the mountains the past weekend and a few nights this week. Unfortunately I had a few trips back to the dealer to resolve some little issues. I also have a broken table leg on the Crespi table, but if I recall you dumped that one and went with something else?

I know I owe you some photos of the solar and I'll get around to that. I've just been busy between work and trying to take multiple trips to the dealer (200 miles round trip) to resolve some things.

Other than that I absolutely LOVE it! Will post a lot of photos this weekend from the Furka Pass as we'll be camping there.

Yes I sure did! I've been out and about testing it locally in the mountains the past weekend and a few nights this week. Unfortunately I had a few trips back to the dealer to resolve some little issues. I also have a broken table leg on the Crespi table, but if I recall you dumped that one and went with something else?

I know I owe you some photos of the solar and I'll get around to that. I've just been busy between work and trying to take multiple trips to the dealer (200 miles round trip) to resolve some things.

Other than that I absolutely LOVE it! Will post a lot of photos this weekend from the Furka Pass as we'll be camping there.
I didn’t order the table and chair set think it’s about £300!
Have two front runner chairs hung up where your table is, and a kitpac (standard) fold up table in boot.
Was going to swap the sliding door internal one for cali as you can get it to fit if you move the twist lock.
Really like the kitpac table so prob not bother.

Hope you get them issues sorted, my solar is being fitted next week.

Jokers everywhere!
There’s now two 2nd hand bamboo green 4motions (only one in that pic couldn’t get the other green one in different spot) for sale at campersales.
It’s not on there website yet, arrived when I was there for solar measure up.
That’s it next to mine.
B565ED86-545C-4BB2-9219-67DAB73C69AA.jpeg

Jokers everywhere!
There’s now two 2nd hand bamboo green 4motions (only one in that pic couldn’t get the other green one in different spot) for sale at campersales.
That’s it next to mine.
View attachment 94667
Wonder if owners are trading in for new ones or something different??

Jokers everywhere!
That’s it next to mine.
View attachment 94667
Hopefully that’s my grey one in front! Pick up next week