Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Damaged heat shield and plastic.

AndrewBye

AndrewBye

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi All, hope someone can help. Went over a hidden bollard in the beach car park this afternoo And have damaged the plastic panel and heat shield. Does anyone know the parts I need to repair and what is under the plastic panel. It’s on the drivers side in line with B pillar. Any help appreciated. Thanks

IMG_9419.jpeg

Not sure off part numbers.Night heater is in location you described. Fingers crossed no more damage only covers.

Hi All, hope someone can help. Went over a hidden bollard in the beach car park this afternoo And have damaged the plastic panel and heat shield. Does anyone know the parts I need to repair and what is under the plastic panel. It’s on the drivers side in line with B pillar. Any help appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 117914
Try this website it will show exploded diagrams part numbers and current prices .
choose year and frill down
not the plans sometime show the item on the wrong side !

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies pill check those out. I’m hoping no more damage as didn’t catch the front as I drove over but caught underside as it levelled out. Luckily an ex fireman helped us use some wooden posts to raise it and gently reverse off.

Hopefully you can identify the heatshield from this diagram ...

My T6 Ocean is June 2018 and I did some damage ( but not to the size of your damage) to this part and have dismantled, repaired with filler, aluminium mesh, black paint suitable for plastic trim resistant paint and re installed with no further issues in last 3 years.

Drilling into the ILL parts I believe this is what you need.

It is labelled as No 11 for right hand side but shown in the diagram as part 11 on the left hand side as the diagram is for Europe left hand drive vehicle.

IMG_6693.jpegIMG_6694.pngIMG_6695.png

I did this on the drive with the van on the levelling ramps but quite a tight fit to get under.
The clamps (No44) that fit onto studs on the vehicle body to hold the tray in place are B@@tards to remove and salvage.
Obviously check for other support brackets that are damaged beyond salvage and need to be ordered at same time

That’s great Thanks. I have ordered the part but you’ve made a great point around fixing the old, I may do that to keep as a spare just in case my eyes don’t work again.

Back