Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Date night

Mrpraline

Mrpraline

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
My wife and I usually go out for a meal on Monday nights. As that's no longer possible we've decided to have dinner in the van instead. Deliveroo guy seemed happy to deliver straight to our door!

IMG_6105.jpeg

I like your style. :thumb

Monday isn't the best night to eat out as it's very often the Chef's day off after the busy weekend.

Yeah tell me about it Borris. Most of the restaurants around us are shut entirely on a Monday. But it's the only night my mum can do, so beggars can't be choosers. We've moved in with her now as they have a far bigger house and garden compared to our tiny London flat; the kids would have gone nuts holed up in there. But thought we'd maintain some regularity and keep our Monday date night.

My wife and I usually go out for a meal on Monday nights. As that's no longer possible we've decided to have dinner in the van instead. Deliveroo guy seemed happy to deliver straight to our door!

View attachment 56507
Not going to have a takeaway delivered but will be having a date night on our driveway on Saturday night. Going to cook a meal in the house and then “deliver” it to the van. Looking forward to it after a tough week on the road.

My wife's birthday next week, then it's our 25th wedding anniversary. So the van will be hosting quite a few date nights on our driveway while we're in lockdown.

My wife's birthday next week, then it's our 25th wedding anniversary. So the van will be hosting quite a few date nights on our driveway while we're in lockdown.
Jack's fifth birthday is on 9 April. I've already told him he'll be having two birthday parties this year - one on his birthday with just the four of us, and the second with his friends when social mingling is once again permitted.

You've given me a great idea - as a birthday treat, we can have a pizza delivered to the van and spend the night sleeping in it.

Back