Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric Window Failure

vwanorak

vwanorak

Aircooled at heart!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Just a quick review of a recent experience which might save someone any prolonged panic in the future.

Whist out and about in the California a couple of weekends ago, we had both windows down. On parking at the beach, I put the driver's side window up and Justine (my wife) went to do the same with the passenger side...... Nothing! It wouldn't go up or any further down that its current half-way position.

On getting home I tried again - nothing. Clearly both windows are aligned to the same fuse, so it didn't make sense that it would be something so simple and must be the mechanism for that window or something that side of the fuse?? Before giving in for the night, I took the fuse out to check it (even though I had already discounted this being the issue) and replaced it.......

It worked!!!!

So I can't tell you what happened but if one of your windows should fail, before you go into a panic; try taking out the appropriate fuse, listed in the handbook and then replace it!

I have had no problems with the window since :D

Cheers

Andy

It could be that removing and inserting the fuse was enough to remove power and reset the controller in the door.