Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dec17/Jan18 Production 'Emissions Issue' Register of Those Affected

Has anyone received any kind of update on this? All I am told by my dealer is that they will be in touch when they know something!!!

Are you keeping an eye on this thread too? https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/important-news-new-vehicle-registrations-on-hold.22236/

I think we are expecting news imminently...

Did you order yours through Mike at Crawley too?

Thanks for pointing me to this thread..... fingers crossed it sounds like my 12 month wait may be nearing an end. And no, I didn’t go through Crawley. I did approach them, but walked away as they seemed to think my customer was a given and were pretty rude when I told them I had gone elsewhere.

Yes! my dealer rang me yesterday informing me of the good news. Emissions have changed and my 150 DSG will move to a higher VED rate

Happy days!

Confused by some of this... so up to a higher VED band, but it'll still be Euro6?

So, in a nutshell;

A 150 DSG TDI Ocean was previously 166g co2, whereas now in the brochure it is stated as 177g co2.

A 204 DSG TDI Ocean was previously 177g co2, whereas now in the brochure it is stated as 190g co2.

The VED tax brackets are;

First year rate:
151-170g co2 = £500
171-190g co2 = £800
191-225g co2 = £1200

Second year rate stays the same, £140 normal rate + £310 (for first 5 years) premium £40k+ car tax = £450.

So basically the 150 DSG TDI Ocean has moved to be £800 first year, from £500. The 204 DSG TDI Ocean stays the same (only just!!).

Good stuff, thanks itguy. Just to get really specific... is that based on a March registration and taxation, or April onwards? If it makes a difference...

That is pre 1st April 2018.

If it is post 1st April 2018, it all depends if VW state and publish the RDE/WLTP (real world driving) test figures for the California (by 1st Apr 18). If they do, then the above figures are correct. If they don't, then the first year fee is +1 band for each diesel vehicle. Thus a 150 DSG TDI Ocean will be £800 first year, and the 204 DSG TDI will be £1200. When they publish the figures then it will drop back down again.

My suspicion is that the new revised figures are actually the RDE/WLTP figures, but it might be that they haven't been published in time for 1st April.

Regardless, Jay has always maintained that if there is any VED implications of the delays, they will be covered by VW. At least it's only a 1st year registration problem, not an ongoing one after registration.

I spoke to Jay yesterday and for the first time throughout this saga, he seemed unsure of the new emissions and more importantly, who’s liable for the extra costs.

Something important is happening tomorrow as he is being pulled into work on his day off.

Interesting, that's a change of message then as he has always maintained with me that VW will be liable and Mark at West Yorkshire van centre (our dealer) has also said the same too. We'll see tomorrow!

I think the crux is the uncertainty of the context within the letter for VW. Big day tomorrow me thinks o_O

The first year tax is included in the price that you negotiated as part of the non-negotiable OTR package so no problem there. Anything registered this month will have unchanged tax going forward from year 2 and subsequent registrations have a degree of uncertainty. That's my understanding :(

1.Itguy, 204 TDI DSG Ocean California, Ordered 20th October, Build Week 4, Not yet built.

2. Jans2, 204 DSG 4Motion Ocean California. Ordered 21/8/17, Build Week 44, Arrived atDealership 28/11/17. Still there

3. Richard Brown, 204 TDi DSG 4Motion.Ordered 30/10/17, Build week 50. Vehicle isbuilt ,but suspended and held in Germany

4. Cwtch_twt, 150 TDi Manual.Ordered31/10/17. Build week 49. Vehicle is build butsuspended and held in Germany.

5. CarrieCali, 150 TDi DSG,Ordered13/09/17,Build week ?, Delivered early December andpick-up date organised for Dec 27th but nowheld at dealership.

6. Properjob, 204 DSG Ocean California, Ordered 30/09/17, Build Week 46, Arrived atDealership early Dec. Still there

7. Audio2, 204 DSG Ocean California,Ordered 30/10/17, Build Week 4, Not yet built.

8. California7, 204 TDi DSGOcean,ordered31/10/17, Build Week 49, Currentlyheld at the factory in Germany

9. LadySmiff, 150 TDI DSG Ocean, ordered 27/10/17, Build Week 51, built & held at the factory in Germany

10. JudeT, 150 TDI Manual ordered 07/08/17 Build week? Received at dealership early December & pick up date arranged for 2ndJan. Held at dealership

11. Podge, 150 TDI DSG Beach, ordered midSep/2017, Build week 50, last I heard it isstuck at the factory

12. Jo ho ho, 150 TDI DSG Ocean, ordered 30th October 2017, build week 5, not yet built

13. Grant5, 150 DSG Ocean, ordered mid Sep 17, build week 45, collection arranged for 22 Dec 17. Vehicle still sat in the dealers.

14. Jenko, 150 Manual Beach, ordered midSeptember, build week 48, collection arranged for 1st March 2018. Held in UK, told it has to be returned to Germany and we will be issued areplacement DSG model with a build slot of week 7.

15. el-felipé, France 150 TDI DSG Ocean,ordered 15/05/17, build Week 5, Not yet built

16. Caminante. Belgium. 150 Tdi 4mo Dsg, Ocean, Ordered 06/05/17, build ?, supposed to be delivered by 30/11/17, on hold in Brussels?? Now passing extra 25% of delivery time...

17. Ezio. Italy. 150 TDI DSG OCEAN bicolor, ordered on December 1, 2017, build week 6-7, not yet completed, promise of delivery in mid-March 2018

18. Stevie G. 204 TDI DSG Ocean. Originally ordered Feb 2017 for Nov delivery. Arrived at dealership as planned but with wrong engine! Returned, with a revised build date of week 1, dealer advises delivery in March....but don’t hold your breath!

19 C&R Sussex we ordered a 150DSG in sept for delivery in March but vehicle was built in week 41 and arrived at dealer in dec. We were supposed to collect on 8th Jan but obviously could not.
We have just decided not to proceed with the purchase and have cancelled the order.
Our deposit has been returned
We are now looking for a used california
Chris and Rachel

20. Burnercan, Switzerland: Beach 150DSG 4M ordered 09.Oct. Supposedly scheduled for build week 9. Though I fear the dealer is full of beans, I'm a firm believer that "in order to lie, one must first know the truth". I don't think he does...

21. iamtomb, 150 TDI Manual Beach. Ordered mid August hoping for delivery in March. It arrived at the dealers really early, end of October. By the time we sold our existing T5.1 the block was in force. When we got the letter from VW (17/03/2018) a DSG was against our order number. We questioned this and were told, as others have been, A DSG with the same spec. had been ordered. Pushing a bit more for a delivery date we are now being told that they are going to register the original manual that has been sat at the dealers all this time for handover this coming Thursday. Not sure we want to accept. Why would VW build a second vehicle if they are now going to give the green light to register the manual.

1.Itguy, 204 TDI DSG Ocean California, Ordered 20th October, Build Week 4, Not yet built.

2. Jans2, 204 DSG 4Motion Ocean California. Ordered 21/8/17, Build Week 44, Arrived at Dealership 28/11/17. Registered and taken delivery 26/3/18 - extra cost of Road Tax covered by Dealership. Currently having our first adventures!

3. Richard Brown, 204 TDi DSG 4Motion.Ordered 30/10/17, Build week 50. Vehicle isbuilt ,but suspended and held in Germany

4. Cwtch_twt, 150 TDi Manual.Ordered31/10/17. Build week 49. Vehicle is build butsuspended and held in Germany.

5. CarrieCali, 150 TDi DSG,Ordered13/09/17,Build week ?, Delivered early December andpick-up date organised for Dec 27th but nowheld at dealership.

6. Properjob, 204 DSG Ocean California, Ordered 30/09/17, Build Week 46, Arrived atDealership early Dec. Still there

7. Audio2, 204 DSG Ocean California,Ordered 30/10/17, Build Week 4, Not yet built.

8. California7, 204 TDi DSGOcean,ordered31/10/17, Build Week 49, Currentlyheld at the factory in Germany

9. LadySmiff, 150 TDI DSG Ocean, ordered 27/10/17, Build Week 51, built & held at the factory in Germany

10. JudeT, 150 TDI Manual ordered 07/08/17 Build week? Received at dealership early December & pick up date arranged for 2ndJan. Held at dealership

11. Podge, 150 TDI DSG Beach, ordered midSep/2017, Build week 50, last I heard it isstuck at the factory

12. Jo ho ho, 150 TDI DSG Ocean, ordered 30th October 2017, build week 5, not yet built

13. Grant5, 150 DSG Ocean, ordered mid Sep 17, build week 45, collection arranged for 22 Dec 17. Vehicle still sat in the dealers.

14. Jenko, 150 Manual Beach, ordered midSeptember, build week 48, collection arranged for 1st March 2018. Held in UK, told it has to be returned to Germany and we will be issued areplacement DSG model with a build slot of week 7.

15. el-felipé, France 150 TDI DSG Ocean,ordered 15/05/17, build Week 5, Not yet built

16. Caminante. Belgium. 150 Tdi 4mo Dsg, Ocean, Ordered 06/05/17, build ?, supposed to be delivered by 30/11/17, on hold in Brussels?? Now passing extra 25% of delivery time...

17. Ezio. Italy. 150 TDI DSG OCEAN bicolor, ordered on December 1, 2017, build week 6-7, not yet completed, promise of delivery in mid-March 2018

18. Stevie G. 204 TDI DSG Ocean. Originally ordered Feb 2017 for Nov delivery. Arrived at dealership as planned but with wrong engine! Returned, with a revised build date of week 1, dealer advises delivery in March....but don’t hold your breath!

19 C&R Sussex we ordered a 150DSG in sept for delivery in March but vehicle was built in week 41 and arrived at dealer in dec. We were supposed to collect on 8th Jan but obviously could not.
We have just decided not to proceed with the purchase and have cancelled the order.
Our deposit has been returned
We are now looking for a used california
Chris and Rachel

20. Burnercan, Switzerland: Beach 150DSG 4M ordered 09.Oct. Supposedly scheduled for build week 9. Though I fear the dealer is full of beans, I'm a firm believer that "in order to lie, one must first know the truth". I don't think he does...

21. iamtomb, 150 TDI Manual Beach. Ordered mid August hoping for delivery in March. It arrived at the dealers really early, end of October. By the time we sold our existing T5.1 the block was in force. When we got the letter from VW (17/03/2018) a DSG was against our order number. We questioned this and were told, as others have been, A DSG with the same spec. had been ordered. Pushing a bit more for a delivery date we are now being told that they are going to register the original manual that has been sat at the dealers all this time for handover this coming Thursday. Not sure we want to accept. Why would VW build a second vehicle if they are now going to give the green light to register the manual.

Back