Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Deckchair replacement

D

DaveB

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
One of my deckchairs has broken. It’s the plastic plug at the top of a leg that fixes onto the handle. It’s going to be hard to repair as it is riveted in. Where’s the best place to pick up a replacement?

I am rubbish as searched both the forum and shop. But used “deckchair” . Ordered a new one Thanks!

Talking of deck chairs….. friends have just told me that in Spain a lady who pits out a white deckchair, or indeed a man, may well be a sex worker!
Is this true or have I had my leg pulled?

Last edited:
The standard VW Cali picnic chairs are fragile, uncomfortable and ridiculously expensive for what they are.

If the car is in warranty then VW will replace the whole chair which given the nature of the fault, is ridiculous? I've had two or is it three replaced? If not in warranty then my advice would be to source the metal replacement joints that are available and replace them yourself. Check other threads on this subject for details of where to source them. Once replaced or repaired place the chair back in the boot lid storage and forget it. Next, buy yourself a pair of stronger, cheaper and much more comfortable picnic chairs. There is so much choice in this field and most offerings are miles better than these over hyped chairs.

Last edited:
You can fix that joint with 22mm copper pipe

Talking of deck chairs….. friends have just told me that in Spain a lady who pits out a white deckchair, or indeed a man, may well be a sec worker!
Is this true or have I had my leg pulled?
Sex worker :)

Back