Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dents & Dings

Would you get a dent repaired?

• Yes, got to keep the Cali in top order!

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No, this will be the first of many...

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
sensisuperstar

sensisuperstar

Wibble
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
So the first time we leave the van in a standard parking space and we come back to find the sliding door with a small, but noticeable dent...:mad:

The question is, do I just take it on the chin or can these dents be effectively repaired?

I’m based in Yorkshire, so if anyone has any recommendations for repair centres I’d be grateful to know.

So the first time we leave the van in a standard parking space and we come back to find the sliding door with a small, but noticeable dent...:mad:

The question is, do I just take it on the chin or can these dents be effectively repaired?

I’m based in Yorkshire, so if anyone has any recommendations for repair centres I’d be grateful to know.

Dent pulling is a thing, have a look at YouTube and search for it. A guy called ‘F1 Dents’ is a UK guy who does some great work. Quick google of dent pulling in yourkshire brings up quite a few results, but depends where you are.

I don't know how small the dent is on your door, but I got one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Den...162733&hash=item56af007efc:g:pQIAAOSwRWVa9ZIU off Ebay and it pulled out a dent I had in the back door and is virtually invisible now.
We park our Cali on the road and have just about got ourselves psyched up to accepting that there will be some Dents & Dings. There are a few scratches on it, but that is inevitable. I used to have a Golf Gti in the late 80s and I got so paranoid about scratches that it spoilt all the fun of having it.
The Cali is even more fun than the Gti and I won't let the fear of scratches spoil that.

I don't know how small the dent is on your door, but I got one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Den...162733&hash=item56af007efc:g:pQIAAOSwRWVa9ZIU off Ebay and it pulled out a dent I had in the back door and is virtually invisible now.
We park our Cali on the road and have just about got ourselves psyched up to accepting that there will be some Dents & Dings. There are a few scratches on it, but that is inevitable. I used to have a Golf Gti in the late 80s and I got so paranoid about scratches that it spoilt all the fun of having it.
The Cali is even more fun than the Gti and I won't let the fear of scratches spoil that.

It’s only a small dent, it can only be seen because it is on a long flat panel.

That dent puller might do the trick, but I’d be wary of causing more damage...is it idiot proof?!?

Dent pulling is a thing, have a look at YouTube and search for it. A guy called ‘F1 Dents’ is a UK guy who does some great work. Quick google of dent pulling in yourkshire brings up quite a few results, but depends where you are.

Cheers, I will have a ring around, but might wait until the end of summer as I’m bound to pick up a few more along the way!

It’s only a small dent, it can only be seen because it is on a long flat panel.

That dent puller might do the trick, but I’d be wary of causing more damage...is it idiot proof?!?

I don't think you can make it worse with one of these, but I'm no expert. It pulls out dents that have been "pushed" in rather than rammed.
It also makes a very good quiet sliding door closer. A tip from @Loz is to put this on the rear window of the sliding door and when you want to shut the door quietly, slide it till it's nearly shut and pull it in until the power latching catches and pulls it in the last bit. Useful after those overnight walks which you don't want to advertise with a door slam.

3 years no dents. Maybe one stone chip. Coming back from a service, I drove past a guy strimming in the hedge, on a busy road. Ding !!!! We heard something hit the side of the van. Arrived home to find a deep stone chip on the side panel :rage:punch:Depressedwhere is the crying emoji?

Anyway put a spot of touch up paint on that was delivered with the van. Almost invisible but I know its there:(

If the paint isn’t broken I’d be tempted to leave it til you’ve collected a few more and get your moneys worth. Sod’s Law says you’ll get that one sorted and another will be along shortly after.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back