Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Devon & Cornwall for 2 weeks, all the way from Strangford Nth Irl!

We have just had our second night on a lovely site near Gorran Haven (nr St Austell)- it was the Lost Gardens of Helligan that kept us for the two nights...we just had to go back it was so lovely! Tomorrow we are heading for St Buryan (handy for Mousehole/Minack/Porthcurno). Where are you up to? We still haven't seen another Cali...plenty of T2s and T5 conversions.
We are staying in Padstow after a week in Samford Peverell, both v different but lovely places. Absolutely love Cornwall and will definitely be back. Only seen 2 calis ( one didn't wave) but loads of conversions. Head to Cheltenham tomorrow....

H&E

Hello JB - hope u enjoy the rest of your stay at minnows! we got home safe today. It was lovely to meet you both and am sure we'll meet again some day.....maybe next year you can incorporate the cali rally at brean sands? Did you find a B&Q? ttfn
Hello, lovely to hear from you, we keep forgetting that we have WIFI (v few sites have at home)! Been in Padstow after the lovely Minnows since Saturday, Cornwall is stunning and JB II is looking after us well. Got those 2 shelves in a hardware store in Tiverton, they make such a difference, thank you. Thinking of going to Cali on the Farm next year but don't forget our lovely Strangford Lough!!

H&E

You've all driven past Devon and Dorset!
In the meantime we've had our best holiday yet! Did miles of circular walks touching on the coastal path, then had a flight from Branscombe site over the coast....now in Dorset and currently enjoying a declicious lasagne and chips in spit and sawdust pub within 50 yards of a wonderful (quiet) site, finally able to get wifi...and Glastonbury on the TV!
Hoping for a sunny clear day tomorrow for the aerobatic event at Compton Abbas airfield...yep, I love planes!!
Have met so many lovely people...and learned that many caravanners don't know how to reverse!

You've all driven past Devon and Dorset!
In the meantime we've had our best holiday yet! Did miles of circular walks touching on the coastal path, then had a flight from Branscombe site over the coast....now in Dorset and currently enjoying a declicious lasagne and chips in spit and sawdust pub within 50 yards of a wonderful (quiet) site, finally able to get wifi...and Glastonbury on the TV!
Hoping for a sunny clear day tomorrow for the aerobatic event at Compton Abbas airfield...yep, I love planes!!
Have met so many lovely people...and learned that many caravanners don't know how to reverse!
Hi Dottie, might be going to Branscombe site soon, can you take pleasure flights from there?

I'm afraid not, they do not have anyone with the right licence for doing this and the airfield licence only allows a few movements a day. I was just really lucky to be there for a week when the campsite was quiet....and they allowed me the opportunity to jump on board when they were going for a spin for 20mins.
However, Compton Abbas does (even in a Tiger Moth)....it's a lovely small airfield, fabulous views, delicious food...I think it even allows some camping. I learned to fly there in my youth!

Branscombe is a lovely site. The walks around that area are lovely....try the pathfinder book for ideas. Cream tea at otterton mill and ice cream on Sidmouth front made for delicious food memories...oh and a walk down the back paths and lanes to the sea shanty on the beach at Branscombe is a must....rather overpriced, but good.
Have fun!
Just woke to rain again this morning....Scottish weathers been impossible this year, at least I got 2 weeks of wonderful weather in Devon!

Back