Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Devon & Cornwall for 2 weeks, all the way from Strangford Nth Irl!

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi Everyone

We are heading to Devon & Cornwall on Saturday for 2 weeks, longest trip in JB II so far, can't wait! Hope to see some of you on the way and get a wave (not many VW calis here)!

E&H

You will see plenty down here, i will keep a look out for you .. Have a good trip.

Just come back from Cornwall, had a great time but be careful on the single track roads not much room for a Cali.

We are en route to Cornwall tomorrow... always on the lookout for other Calis (seem very rare round us).

Have a great trip E&H. We'll keep an eye open for you.

Hi Everyone

We are heading to Devon & Cornwall on Saturday for 2 weeks, longest trip in JB II so far, can't wait! Hope to see some of you on the way and get a wave (not many VW calis here)!

E&H
Hey, we might see you, we were going to Scotland but the weather forecast looks lousy up there so we could head in the other direction. (Often we don't know whether we are going to turn left or right when we get to the top of our road until we get there!)

BTW we've spent a few holidays over in NI and really enjoyed it. We've spent some time at the C & CC site on the west side of the lough and explored the area. Strangford is a beautiful place and the ferry trip over to Portaferry was memorable, you are lucky to live there! I saw the (high) property prices there too - amazing!

Are you sailing to Liverpool?

Colin

Wishing you a Great, safe trip ! Wonderful part of the country. So many wonderful places to visit and see. Hope you are Blessed with good weather. Enjoy.

We're heading to Devon then Dorset tonight! Have spent so long perfecting the scaling down of stuff, I still have to look out clothes and food!
Can't wait!
Mini Me will soon be hitting the road again!
This is our 2nd season and first time away for 2 weeks. We'll be perfecting the VW wave....there will be a technique to gain success ie a returned wave....a great way to pass the time on the journey down....one soon becomes an expert on how to spot campervans quickly and you've got to be fast to get in a wave before they zoom past! Hoping for lots of success and many hours of fun!

Hey, we might see you, we were going to Scotland but the weather forecast looks lousy up there so we could head in the other direction. (Often we don't know whether we are going to turn left or right when we get to the top of our road until we get there!)

BTW we've spent a few holidays over in NI and really enjoyed it. We've spent some time at the C & CC site on the west side of the lough and explored the area. Strangford is a beautiful place and the ferry trip over to Portaferry was memorable, you are lucky to live there! I saw the (high) property prices there too - amazing!

Are you sailing to Liverpool?

Colin
Yes Dublin to Liverpool, van all packed and shining!! Will look out for you too. Thank You

Yes Dublin to Liverpool, van all packed and shining!! Will look out for you too. Thank You
Our plans so far: Friday (tonight): Postern Hill forest site (nr Marlborough); Sat: Karrageen, nr Kingsbridge..then who knows (not us!)?

We're heading to Devon then Dorset tonight! Have spent so long perfecting the scaling down of stuff, I still have to look out clothes and food!
Can't wait!
Mini Me will soon be hitting the road again!
This is our 2nd season and first time away for 2 weeks. We'll be perfecting the VW wave....there will be a technique to gain success ie a returned wave....a great way to pass the time on the journey down....one soon becomes an expert on how to spot campervans quickly and you've got to be fast to get in a wave before they zoom past! Hoping for lots of success and many hours of fun!
We are amazed what we have fitted in. Our wee homes on wheels!! Will be disappointed if we don't get at least one wave from another cali! Thank You

Our plans so far: Friday (tonight): Postern Hill forest site (nr Marlborough); Sat: Karrageen, nr Kingsbridge..then who knows (not us!)?
Yes...so many places to see...JB II takes us to so many places we would never see if staying in a hotel. Enjoy!

Where have you got to now and what have you seen so far ? Have you made it to the Wonderful Cornwall ?

We have just had our second night on a lovely site near Gorran Haven (nr St Austell)- it was the Lost Gardens of Helligan that kept us for the two nights...we just had to go back it was so lovely! Tomorrow we are heading for St Buryan (handy for Mousehole/Minack/Porthcurno). Where are you up to? We still haven't seen another Cali...plenty of T2s and T5 conversions.

Hello JB - hope u enjoy the rest of your stay at minnows! we got home safe today. It was lovely to meet you both and am sure we'll meet again some day.....maybe next year you can incorporate the cali rally at brean sands? Did you find a B&Q? ttfn

I recommend Ilton Farm Campsite...basic but fab views, great spot. Lovely walks in the area, a couple of miles from Salcombe with various ways to get there (including a bus from top of lane).
Coastline is wonderful...try passenger ferry boat over the estuary...circular walk to gara Rock..on a hot day, stop at Gara Rock cafe...the view from the terrace is to die for! So much to do round there, I'll be going back. I reckon I could leave van in situ for a week and use local bu service too!
Oh and the BBQ at the Winking Prawn at South Sands is lovely too...and has a way back up through the fields!

Great to see that you are exploring such wonderful places. The Lizard is fab if you get the chance....Anne's pasties are great there and in the evenings there is the best Thai delivery take way ! Yes in this tucked away Cornish village ! The fishing village of Porthleven is also worth a stop. The north coast has some fantastic scenery, from the picturesque St Ives, to the Special sunsets at Godrevy, along the North Cliffs, to Portreath all the way to Port Isaac. Enjoy your time in Cornwall :thumb

Been so very lucky with sites so far...I love quiet, basic sites with nice facilities as a bonus.
CL site at Broadhembury was so very perfect....great dog walks from the site, great pub at bottom of lane, fab views.
And now life is getting even better: Branscombe Airfield Campsite...idyllic. A lovely family has recently taken over, facilities are top notch (have caught up with all my washing today)...plenty of walks from the site...and pubs...and an occasional Cessna 'drives' past the van on the way to the grass airstrip! So exciting...ok I love planes! I believe there are wee buses I can catch from nearby, so I'm hoping to do a bit of the coastal walk and some of the Pathfinder walks nearby...without moving! Life can't get any better!

We might check out those sites- we are currently on a lovely site near Porthcurno but there's a cold wind & occasional sea mist blowing in- looking at the forecast it is set to continue and South Devon looks warmer.

Where have you got to now and what have you seen so far ? Have you made it to the Wonderful Cornwall ?
Yes, arrived last Saturday (not used to having WIFI in our cali at home, v handy) at Padstow; doing lots of walking and been to Port Isaac, probably the most beautiful place we have ever been. We have fallen in love with Cornwall. Very few waves though we try hard to get one! Jack Burns II has been so good to us as has the weather...
H&E

Back