Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Diesel heater not working after mid-fuel

B

Blob

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, I put petrol in the van by accident and had it sucked out by the AA and all seemed ok. Now we have tried the diesel heater and it does not seem to be working. If anything, it is gently blowing out cool air. Now wondering if the diesel/petrol mix is still in the heater or the sucking out of the fuel has emptied out the heater and causing it not to work. I have not had the heater on very long as worried about potentially heating petrol, but it’s been on longer than it normally takes. Anyone know how the heater works and what the problem is likely to be? Many thanks

Hi all, I put petrol in the van by accident and had it sucked out by the AA and all seemed ok. Now we have tried the diesel heater and it does not seem to be working. If anything, it is gently blowing out cool air. Now wondering if the diesel/petrol mix is still in the heater or the sucking out of the fuel has emptied out the heater and causing it not to work. I have not had the heater on very long as worried about potentially heating petrol, but it’s been on longer than it normally takes. Anyone know how the heater works and what the problem is likely to be? Many thanks
It’s not ended up in ventilate mode has it?

My understanding is it is a drip heater so at worst it would just smell a bit until it flushed through. Or set on fire. One of the two!

Assume there is a bleed process that someone might know.

Quick Google throws this

Simple enough. Disconnect the fuel line between the pump and heater. Disconnect the power supply.
Apply a temp power supply to the pump (modulated on and off) until it pumps clean diesel.
Reconnect.

It’s not ended up in ventilate mode has it?

My understanding is it is a drip heater so at worst it would just smell a bit until it flushed through. Or set on fire. One of the two!

Assume there is a bleed process that someone might know.

Quick Google throws this

Reading around this, it sends like I may need to start the heater a number of times to get the diesel flowing sufficiently

Simple enough. Disconnect the fuel line between the pump and heater. Disconnect the power supply.
Apply a temp power supply to the pump (modulated on and off) until it pumps clean diesel.
Reconnect.
Will give that a try if the multiple starts don’t work and we are back home. Many thanks

If the Parking Heater wasn’t fired up until the Petrol/diesel mix was replaced by pure diesel then the likelihood of there being any Petrol/Diesel mix in the Parking Heater is negligible.
Make sure the Heater Temperature heating is high enough, above ambient temperature.

All sorted now thanks. Started working on second start . Very lucky escape from near disaster (petrol through the fuel system).

Back