Diesel heater problem

john mar

john mar

Basil
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all and merry xmas.

I am having a slight issue with the Auxiliary heater.
When it -2 it will not work ,the icon just keeps spinning.
Happened twice. I then take it for a drive until engine temp 80? degrees.

And it then works fine. Sitting in my van now at the river and its 0 degrees and it's still working.
Is it possible they dont work at very low temp or is the diesel is freezing under van and it dont like it?.

Many thanks John.

Screenshot_20221215-130855_Gallery.jpg

Hi all and merry xmas.

And it then works fine. Sitting in my van now at the river and its 0 degrees and it's still working.
Is it possible they dont work at very low temp or is the diesel is freezing under van and it dont like it?.

Many thanks John.

View attachment 103138
If referring to the Parking Heater mine started fine at -6c this morning.

Hi all and merry xmas.

Many thanks John.

View attachment 103138
Have you been using Heat Immediately or Heat Continuously @john mar ?
If Heat Immediately the heater will stop after a couple of hours. If you use this 3 times in succession (I think), then you must drive the vehicle for a while to ‘reset’ it. If you want it on for long periods i.e. overnight, it’s best to use Heat Continuously.

Have you been using Heat Immediately or Heat Continuously @john mar ?
If Heat Immediately the heater will stop after a couple of hours. If you use this 3 times in succession (I think), then you must drive the vehicle for a while to ‘reset’ it. If you want it on for long periods i.e. overnight, it’s best to use Heat Continuously.
Hi thanks.
I used the remote from my house . The first time when this happened the heat would not fire up at all ,the van was very iced up so I thought I would give it heat just incase.

So to stop the icon spinng I pulled out the 15 amp fuse and it stopped.
Went for a drive and it worked.

This morning very cold so I turned the heater on remotely and went to the van and it came on for a bit ,then went off and would not turn back on again. Immediately or continually. Then went for a drive until temp up and now no problem.
I have full battery and full tank of fuel.
I think I might of pressed the remote more than once when it wouldn't start.
Thank you.
Also I plugged in the carista and there was not one fault.

Back