Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Different readings and fluctuating voltage shown on Control Panel

I notice you have the system in AES mode, has it always been in this mode? Firmware updates can apparently reset some of the charge settings. I don’t have one of these systems.
Yes, it always been in that mode but I wrote to epever after I bought it from Roger as we didn't think it was right, but they replied that it was.

I don't know if it is right but it's always on and had been fine for the last few years.

Thanks for reaching EPEVER.

It is normal, the AES icon will show on the controller once the BATT1 voltage reaches the boost charging voltage or equalize charging voltage for 5 mins, no matter you use the AES signal or not.

Well - I resolved my fluctuating voltage issues by simply removing the cable from BATT2 that runs to the split charge relay for the Starter Battery from the Epever Duo MPPT controller.

Can't believe I didn't just try this initially.

Unfortunately I can't trickle charge the Starter Battery from Solar but it's not the end of the world if I just carry a portable starter kit.

Furthermore, I'm looking at upgrading to a DC to DC charger as it's a much better solution for managing the leisure batteries.

Has anyone had any experience with the Victron DC to DC chargers and or a recommendation for alternative?

@WelshGas Just to confirm: 14.4v back on the battery after being sat for a day with the BATT2 connection gone everything is fine again.

PXL_20231013_143949842.MP.png

PXL_20231013_143708329.png

So one of these two is faulty - MPPT controller or Split Charge Relay...

Back